Iwo Sand/Garand Stock Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Florida Marine

Pretty pleased with how this turned out, painted the tube silver hi temp, glued the sand on little at a time. Heated the PR and ultrasounded it, then put the forms on my band saw. Had a few voids, the medium CA filled it right up. My daughter hung out with me while I turned it, she will be turning her first pen this week.

DSC01130.jpg

DSC01124.jpg

DSC01128.jpg

They look better in person.

Sean:biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

t001xa22

Sean, did you say the upper section is from a Garand stock? If so, fantastic. Either way, you did yourself proud, sir. I wish I had the patience to do something like that. If my dad was still alive, he would have gotten a big kick out of seeing your pen. He dealt with an awful lot of that volcanic ash. If he was still alive, I believe he would be saying:"Gung Ho, Marine...Semper Fi.

Can't wait to see your daughter's first pen.

Sean, did you say the upper section is from a Garand stock? If so, fantastic. Either way, you did yourself proud, sir. I wish I had the patience to do something like that. If my dad was still alive, he would have gotten a big kick out of seeing your pen. He dealt with an awful lot of that volcanic ash. If he was still alive, I believe he would be saying:"Gung Ho, Marine...Semper Fi.

Can't wait to see your daughter's first pen.

i got a beat up Garand stock, also have a Springfield 1903 stock to make some out of.

Tried to get beat up, non restorable stocks, same thing I do with the AK 47 pens I make - beat on stocks I don't see being used for a weapon.

The wood is somewhat plain, but it ties in nicely with the sand.

Wish my dad was around to see then also, he was a Marine as well.

Top Bottom