I've got the blues!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

Never been a fan of just about any of the PSI components, but with CSUSA discontinuing the Emperor I thought I would try the Majestic, especially when Rockler had the fountain pen on sale for $19.95.
Matched up with a blue Bakelite from Exotics even with the pimp crystal I really like these components. What say you????????

Attachments

• IMG_1744-3.JPG
    IMG_1744-3.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 480
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Hey Roy, Get you a big wide brim blue velvet hat, a big Lincoln Mark V with little bity tires and giant wheels. Then nobody will even notice your pimp pen!

Just kidding, the pen looks great! The Bakelite was a good choice for this massive kit. (I bought 30 sets at the Rockler Sale! - You're gonna see pimp pens all over the internet for a while:)

jttheclockman

I like those kits with a highend blank such as you used and it turned out real well. That is a winner. Thanks for showing. The more and more I see this bakelite stuff the more I am wanting to give it a try.

PenMan1

The only problem with a big ole kit like this is that using gemstone, or a big greasy burl,etc is that it turns out heavy enough to give the user carpal tunnel syndrome:).

The more I think about this, the more "perfect" bakelite becomes. EXCELLENT choice!

mrburls

Looks great Roy. I love using bakelite on pens, but you got to watch the high heat exposure during the summer so pen does not crack on you. I lost 3 pens last summer. I may have to try this kit out. I to like to use the emperor.

Keith "mrburls"

OKLAHOMAN

I hear you Keith, I had a black and a cream swirl emperor crack last year at a show:mad:....they were both in the sun:frown:...
Looks great Roy. I love using bakelite on pens, but you got to watch the high heat exposure during the summer so pen does not crack on you. I lost 3 pens last summer. I may have to try this kit out. I to like to use the emperor.

Keith "mrburls"

jskeen

I gotta admit that big honkin finial with very little taper threw me at first, but it's growing on me. Especially the black ti instead of the gold fancywork. But I still just can't get around that stone in the clip. Sorry, just can't do it. I'd pay an extra couple of bucks for the kit if they offered a plain clip as an option. Anybody out there come up with an available sub for the clip on this one or the little short fp kits that Aaron sells? If so please let me know.

chriselle

I gotta admit that big honkin finial with very little taper threw me at first, but it's growing on me. Especially the black ti instead of the gold fancywork. But I still just can't get around that stone in the clip. Sorry, just can't do it. I'd pay an extra couple of bucks for the kit if they offered a plain clip as an option. Anybody out there come up with an available sub for the clip on this one or the little short fp kits that Aaron sells? If so please let me know.

+1 Could do without the pimp stone.

jchurch

Emperor/Jr. Emperor

Hi all, what's going on with CSUSA? I'm a big fan of the Emperor too. Penn state is adding designs, and CSUSA is discontinuing them. I may have to go to the Majestic too, but under duress. Do you guys think anyone will pick up this design?
Jim

Top Bottom