It's Official

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Just a Guess

Personally, I would move on. It depends on state law where you live but my guess would be that barring a collective bargaining agreement you hold your job at your employers pleasure and he can terminate you for any reason or no reason at all. Particularily if it is a small company with few employees.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks all for the prayers and encouragement. I've call the US Department of Labor to see what they say. I really need to pray and seek Gods guidelines on seeking legal action.

wyone

Good for you! You can always drop it later, but you will at least know you did what you could to make it right. You are of course in the prayers of so many. My hope is they decide it was wrong and offer you a settlement. I know the local grocery around here has paid a LOT of money to employees that they let go without cause.

designer

Companies do not care if you are a good person or not. All they see is you had medical bills and that is a deficit to their premiums. Companies are cold. It is not you, it is them.

Take a deep breath and it will get better.

In the mean time, you and your wife are in my prayers.

God Bless you.

glen r

Unfortunately its all come down to the bottom line with most companies. If they can get someone that they think can do your job for less then you are out the door. Companies claim that there is very little company loyalty from employees any more but they should also look in the mirror to see where part of the problem is. The young generation does not expect to get any loyalty from a company so they don't have any loyalty to their employer. They are not upset if they are terminated and just go out and find another low paying job. The days of spending one's entire working life at one company/organization are gone. Prayers are on the way for you to find a new path in your life, one that you thoroughly enjoy.

OZturner

Dan, so sorry to hear about your employment situation
You have had more than your fair share of kicks in the gut of recent times.
No one deserves what you have had to endure.
With the Prayers and Support from your friends at IAP, and the strength of your "Rock" Evelyn, I am sure that the Lord has something in mind, and will look after you.
You both remain in my Thoughts and Prayers,
Brian.

low_48

Sorry to hear your trouble Dan. Did I miss something, or did you not know the rules, or were the rules not in writing? When I was on disability, I called them more than I was supposed to. I kept records more than I was supposed to. I talked to more people, and had everything in writing. I was just not going to take any chances. My brother had to fire someone in the same company for misrepresenting a back injury. The company had film of her lifting Grandkids into her car. I knew the letter of the law was critically important!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Unfortunately its all come down to the bottom line with most companies. If they can get someone that they think can do your job for less then you are out the door. Companies claim that there is very little company loyalty from employees any more but they should also look in the mirror to see where part of the problem is. The young generation does not expect to get any loyalty from a company so they don't have any loyalty to their employer. They are not upset if they are terminated and just go out and find another low paying job. The days of spending one's entire working life at one company/organization are gone. Prayers are on the way for you to find a new path in your life, one that you thoroughly enjoy.
The truth is not exactly that. I worked for a large company and beginning as far back as the 1970s employees began showing less loyalty to the company. That wasl when we were still seeing increases in benefits every year.

In my opinion, i.t was the changing attitude of young people toward life in general not just their attitude toward work. It changed from "I owe my country/parents/community/employer something" to the other end "the world owes me" That attitude has now moved up the ladder into management. Top level executives are generally no older than 60 and most are younger. They have their generations attitude toward work and the relationship between employee and employer. If the employee feels free to drop the employer for another who offers more...the employer is going to feel the same way about the employee. That is my opinion from years of watching. I could be wrong but I don't think so.

Top Bottom