It's been a while... 2 New Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from nilsatcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

nilsatcraft

I haven't posted anything new in quite some time. I have been turning somewhat regularly but haven't had a lot of time to post. The first is a Black TN Cigar done in celluloid and sanded to 12,000. No finish. The second is a Buckeye Burl with Holly inlay and brass powder to fill in the holes. It's a Jr. Statesman kit with Black TN accents. Finished with Masters Magic and buffed. Comments and critiques are welcome, of course.

Also, I got a new camera- a nice one. I picked up a Nikon D70 with the standard lens, a telephoto lens, a wide angle lens, speedlight and a bag to house it all. I got a great deal from a friend and I'm giddy to say the least. It's an awesome camera and the telephoto lens has a great macro mode. The bottom pen is photographed with the new camera (but with bad lighting and background and done late at night). So I am still turning and still making pens as often as time permits. Thanks.

20061019161940_DSCF4289.jpg

2006101916205_DSCF4308.jpg

20061019162032_DSC_0158.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TBone

Don't know what you were using before but the pictures are very sharp. The center one almost makes the pen look like it's floating. Can't imagine what the new camera will do with good lighting. Great pens too.

Ligget

Great work on both Nils, glad to hear you got yourself a good camera![:p]
Nothing worse than spending ages perfecting a pen then not being able to get a good photograph of it!![:(!][;)]

gerryr

Beautiful pens, Nils and I'm really really jealous of your camera. I have an N90S and four lenses but I just can't quite justify the price for the D70.

melogic

Great pens Nils. I just got a few of the yellow pen blanks the other day. I have a platinum comfort turned from it. I will post pictures as soon as I can. I love these blanks and you made it look awesome with that cigar pen. The other pen is awesome also.

JDPens

Both of those look really good.
Dad recently got some micromesh for us to use. I'm amazed at the kind of finish yoo get without even doing any polishing.
BTW, I really like the second pen, it's very nice!

Nicely done, Nils....the buckeye burl is awsome and the celluloid is pretty. Isn't it odd how cigar pens look bent when photo'd on a flat surface? Must be the shadows that are created.
Have fun with that new camera.

nilsatcraft

Thanks for the comments. I think I've taken more pics of my kids in the last week than I normally do in a month- I'm loving the new camera. Maybe tomorrow I can head back out to the shop and get another pen made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom