It's amazing how many nice people are here

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimGo

I just wanted to say thank you to all of the really great people on here, and to encourage any new members to ignore the petty squabbles. I know there have been several threads that devolved into shouting matches lately, so I wanted to take the time to point out how nice most of the people here are. So far, I've met MDWine, DCBluesman, Old Griz, LKorn, Draken, and Penhead in person, and I can't believe how nice everyone is! I'd have expected to run into at least one pain in a group that size but I've genuinely enjoyed meeting everyone, and look forward to my next opportunity to meet with them in person.

A recent example for me was my chance to meet Penhead this past weekend. My wife and I were spent the weekend in Virginia Beach, at the north end of the town. Penhead lives about 45 minutes southwest of there, which can be a bit of a hike. Yet his wife (very nice lady, BTW) and he dropped their plans and drove all the way to VA Beach just to have dinner with us. As some of you know, my wife is about 7 months pregnant now, which means she has trouble staying awake past 9:00 PM most days - but the conversation was good enough, and the food tasty enough, that we stayed out with Penhead and his wife 'till almost 11:00 PM! Oh, and then there's the ornament Penhead gave us (and the cool wood!)...WOW! I'll post pics of it tomorrow.

I'm really glad I stumbled onto this site several months ago, and I'm greatful to Jeff and the moderators for him keeping things running so well. I've met some really nice people, and learned a LOT about woodworking in general, and pen turning specifically, in the short time I've been here. Thanks everyone!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rtjw

Here here! I have been amazed also. In this world we live in today, I normally would never have let people i just met over the internet come to my house. But I would let mostly anyone here not just into my home but to stay in my home if needed. Great people that are like family.

lkorn

You mean I could have saved my Stephenville Hotel bills?[:)]

Originally posted by rtjw
<br />Here here! I have been amazed also. In this world we live in today, I normally would never have let people i just met over the internet come to my house. But I would let mostly anyone here not just into my home but to stay in my home if needed. Great people that are like family.

Paul in OKC

I agree. I have only met a couple face to face. But have had the opportunity to talk to some on the phone and have really enjoyed it. It is good to be a part of the gang.

woodbutcher

This site in my opinion is the best on the web. What mkes it so interesting is the diversity of back grounds and personalities. That of course makes makes for interesting dialog. There have been spirited posts at times, but at the end of the day our common interest seems to be the thread that keeps us together. I am proud to be associated with all the members here and consider all to be my friend. Welcome to the group,
Jim [:)]

JimGo

For those interested, attached are the pics of the ornament Penhead gave us. The pics don't do it justice!

200511135751_Cedar%20Ornament%201%20-%20small.jpg
20051113581_cedar%20ornament%202%20-%20small.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom