IT WON'T GO ROUND AND ROUND!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rounder

I have a Jet 1014. A couple weeks ago I did a good cleaning of my lathe. Blew out the control box as I had a few issues with unsteady RPM's. Did not get to test run after reassembly. Tried to turn it on today and nothing. Power at the plug. Power at the switch. Power through the fuse to the control board. Output out of the board to the motor is 76 volts DC. MOTOR SAYS 1/2 HP, 162 volts DC. Any ideas as to what I screwed up???

Rounder

Ok, figured it out. All you people pay attention. Very difficult and time consuming solution but well worth the effort. After you do a detailed cleaning of the lathe, you should ALWAYS, I REPEAT, ALWAYS make sure and reconnect the drive pulley to the driven pully via a contraption they call a belt. I had music playing and the motor is so quite, I couldn't hear it running. DOOOOHHHHH :redface:!

Kenny Durrant

I did that once and I found that dust had gotten into the switch box and that was the problem. I took the switch apart and cleaned that and it was up and running. Mine was just an on and off switch not a variable speed.

Top Bottom