It was time to modify a Jr. Statesman!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ron Mc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Mc

I had some play time this evening so I decided to modify a Jr. Statesman to give it a much more elegant and classy look.
I really like this pen!
Closed (for some reason the pictures has little ripples. The pen doesn't)
stand.jpg

Open
ModJrStopen2.jpg

Center band close up
centerclose.jpg

Clip close up
capclose.jpg

As always comments or concerns welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Very distinct Ron! I still think I like the standard Jr. Statesman/Statesman, but that's pretty cool. Fit looks very good, much better than I can do consistently. But the bloodwod on the cap looks a little under-turned, and the CB looks just a TOUCH proud. Just VERY little nits, though. Finish looks very nice - great reflection of the cap in the lower barrel in the second pic.

Care to share your technique? Did you turn the bloodwood, then cut it to size? Or did you glue everything and then trim it 'till it was the right size? I can't get my cuts to be that consistent.

gerryr

Wow, very nice Ron. The CB looks great. Was it difficult to get it apart to modify it? And what's the wood? African Blackwood and ?

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Great job on the modification.!
The color selection is great and the contrasting woods pulls it off.
Ill give it a 10!( then again no one listens to me[:D])

Skye

Originally posted by JimGoBut the bloodwod on the cap looks a little under-turned

From the pic it looks like it was cut paralell to the center of the pen but there's an angle to the finial and upper barrel.

Super pen man. Love it when people mess with kits!

broitblat

As usual, Ron, great looking pen and great execution.

I like the extra bands on the barrels. I really think they nicely frame the rest of the wood. I also like the postable (sic?) end. I'm not so sure about the extra bands on the center band. For me, at least, it makes it look too wide.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Ron,

Put me in the "Improvement" camp.

Looks like a lot of work to improve, but its a really nice look!!

NICE PEN, GOOD JOB!! (Isn't that original?)[:)][:)]

Ron Mc

Thanks for all the comments! WOW!! There is actually a little flame on the topic! What an accomplishment.[;)]

Ed, Great idea! Let's start up an "Improvement Camp". We can meet once a year and all tare kits apart and then rebuild them!

johncrane

G'Day Ron very nice touch mate! it looks realy good' you are showing us some of your very good skills thank you. also RON l think you've let the cat out'a the bag now mate with the centre band.[^][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom