It,s FIREFYTER-EMT'S fault;

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CaptG

CaptG

I have been putting a cartridge piece on the lower end of my snake skin and antler (where the top and botom pcs. meet) bullet pens because I think it gives the pen a cleaner transition from bottom to top half. I have been just putting a 45 degree or so bevel on the finial end that blends to the clip. I saw Lee's two ended design the other day, slapped myself on the forehead and "doohhh", why didn't I think of that. I have a customer who likes the bullet idea, but wants no "animal parts" on a pen. I am still working on my carbon fiber casting process, so I made a cast using a slim tube and C.F., and with Lee's inspiration a bullet, carbon fiber pen with brass on both C.F. ends. All comments, pro and con, are appreciated. Thanks for looking. And thank you Lee.

Attachments

• CF bullet 006.jpg
    CF bullet 006.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 431
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CaptG

It cast's really nice, it's the getting it on the tube straight, with out unraveling, and into the mold still all lined up thats a b#%$h, LOL. But I am getting better at it.

akbar24601

Well Gary, I have to say, I'm usually not very big on the casing pens but I think you are on to something there. I like this one, it looks very cool. Personally I could do without the rifle clip, but, all in all a very nice look. Well done.

CaptG

Hi Steve, I been looking at the pen and think you are right. In this case the rifle clip takes from the pen. I will change it tomorrow and see what happens. I will be down your way in mid Feb., I will bring one of my cartridge blanks with a carbon fiber blank for you to play with.

CaptG

OK, Steve, changed the rifle clip to a roller clip I had laying aroung the shop.

Attachments

• CF bullet 007.jpg
    CF bullet 007.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 126

Firefyter-emt

LOL... Glad I could help Gary! I have to be honest, I am pretty sure I saw that design here on IAP before with the upper body.

The roller clip looks much better, now you need to make the clip inset into the upper casing. I really think that will be "the ticket" to make the pen sing. All in all it still suffers from the final end not "fitting" the casing.

bitshird

I think it looks great with the new clip, to me the rifle clips are just a tad on the cheap side. even though I've sold some on Antler and cartridge pens,

Top Bottom