It just DawnEd on me - ( Pun intended)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

Status
Not open for further replies.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Get it?:D This black PR is unbelievable IMHO it is blacker and shinier than the AA. The white is of course Alt Ivory. Copper pipe accents on a slimline built like a longwood. I really like this pen a lot and this time the photo really doesn't help it.
I was going to attack this with a skew, but I chickened out and completed it with a flat file. [:I]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Stevej72

Wow, Steve that is a beautiful pen. I'm not very good with a skew either and usually go back to my round nose scraper (I think that is what it is called).

ashaw

Skiprat
That is on awesome looking pen. Great job on the lamination. Practice on some junk wood with the skew first then move over to some PR.

Great Job

fstepanski

Echo GaryMGg comments A+ all around... Really like the design and how you off set the top and bottom copper pipe 1/2 curves. Curious, if you would not mind sharing, a hint on how you executed the design.. Thanks

ahoiberg

skip, that's downright stellar. i really dig it. what thickness of copper did you use for the lams? and did you just buy a sheet of it or something?

rsx1974

HOLY COW[:0]

That is insane......shoot I was thinking about posting a pic of the pen I made today but after seeing your pen I think I need to head back out to the shop and look for inspiration.

Great concept turned to reality.

By the way I'm not going to a pic tonight[;)]

Nice pen!!

hanau

looks good!
i need to try segmented pens again one of these days. First attempt didn't come out to good and never tried it again.

Just a though, wouldn't a copper pen kit make it look better instead of gold?

gerryr

Well Ratty, I think you have done a conceived and executed a marvelous pen, with or without a skew. There is nothing wrong with using a file, other than it probably is a bit slow. USe whatever tool works and that you're comfortable using.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
MISTER Skiprat (for this occasion only, don't get used to it)

B-U-T-FUL work and GREAT idea. Just a marvelous pen, simple yet very "distinguished". You British guys sure do nice work!!!

Thanks for making our blanks look so good!!!

You should have NO problem with a SHARP skew. Neither of those materials is prone to "chip out". Some others are, but not those. Turn a few Alternative ivory, just simple pens, to work up your confidence, you CAN do this!!! (Now, if the problem results from the metal inserts, I have never done that, so ignore all this sage advice[:0][:0][:0][:0])

Great work.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Many thanks for the really great comments guys. I'm glad you like it too.[:D]

I was going to make a copper nib and finial, but I was so pleased with the result from the buffing wheel that I just held up a chrome, black Ti and gold nib to the missus and she said 'The gold one'

Maybe I'll change it later[?] .....or maybe I'll just move on to the next one[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom