Is this the coolest pen ever!?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from yorkie

yorkie

Just made one of PSI's shock absorber pens. I took one of Jeff Powell's flaming head blanks and cut out exactly the right amount of the flames to perfectly fill the cap area of the pen and it looks crazy cool!!

Quite comfortable to write with and the shock absorber part of the pen actually pushes up and down like a real shock absorber.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• Shock Absorber #2.jpg
    Shock Absorber #2.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 7,289
  • Shock Absorber #3.jpg
    Shock Absorber #3.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 1,026
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kenspens

nice job!! auto mechanics and bikers who like the springer harley davidsons should be drooling when they see it!! along with every midas and monroe store owner and manager!!!lol

ken brown
kenspens

yorkie

I think it looks super cool! I like to run the flames up as high as possible too. I like the shock absorber effect. Is this a kit you guys are buying, or just mocking them up on your own?

This is a kit I bought from PSI, Jeff. Like how I used your blank? Killed the rest of it but well worth the effect.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
"Is this the coolest pen ever!?"

Short answer--Not to me.

Better answer--It is as good of a look as I have seen on that particular kit.
To each there own, I am not a fan.

toolcrazy

Very nice pen.

I showed them at my last show. Couple hundred or more people picked them up, but only sold one. But, because of the interest, I will continue to make them as I sell them.

Bobalu

I like it, but I would have a hard time justifying using up my last JP flame blank to do something similar. You have definitely taken this kit to a new level.

yorkie

I turned another today and used the skull and crossbones from one of Jeff Powell's blanks. It pains me to burn up a blank for such a small piece of it, but a pen is a pen is a pen.

I really like this kit and people are going mad for it. I thought of doing it in Mokume but the flames and skull and crossbones type blanks make it so much more fun of a pen.

Attachments

• IMG_0354.jpg
    IMG_0354.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 144

yorkie

That does look pretty cool! You can still use the remaining pieces for a sierra type pen or for some fun segmenting.

I've used remainders in the past to make lipstick pens in flames and they turned out great. See picture, it's the one on the far left.

Problem with cutting up a flaming skull blank is not enough separation between the skull and the flames for my purpose in order to still be able to use the skull part of it. Shame, skull on fire would make a cool one! I'll give it a try anyway and see how it comes out.

Thanks, Jeff. Your blanks are amazing!!

Attachments

• IMG_7339.jpg
    IMG_7339.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 147
Top Bottom