Is This a Club?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
What's with the "log in" system that seems to be shutting down every other day or so? It's going to get tired logging in every other day or so because of a system error!:eek:

This sounds familiar to me, but not with this forum. Usually if it is one person, or two or three, it is either that person's individual computer or a OS system update for a particular OS on a specific model of computer/tablet/phone.

With only one person, it probably is a cache problem within your browser. If this is happening only with this site, more than likely within your browser there is a preference file for this site or a cache for this site and there is a corruption problem, not a major one but just enough. Through the years, I have had a preference file or cache file allow me to operate something but it was buggy. Others things or sites worked fine, but the one did not.

My browser has some files hidden (and I know where to look for them, and it usually is not the "history" - more on this later) that shows each web site by name that I go to. If one gives me trouble, I look it up in the browser cache or preference and delete it. I have to log in again new and it usually takes after that. As far as "history" goes, one iteration of the OS several years ago, my computer kept "history" files for a long time. It was within the "history" file that was causing the problem - or at least removing it solved the problem. But this situation should not be on most up-to-date OSes, as most histories erase after a period of time. Still, it might be possible that the "history" file containing the record to this link could be causing it.

Last edited:

scotirish

Not to be a "nudge", but how is it going to be paid for? My suggestion is make a business size card with all info on it except the members name. Make it downloadable, then each member can add his/her name and print it up themselves. Add a donation spot so, if desired, member can help with the cost of doing it this way. :biggrin::biggrin:

Woodchipper

If I delete my history, cookies, etc., I have to log in to each website after this is done. As for a club, that is what my wife threatens me with if I say I'm going to buy something for the shop.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Not to be a "nudge", but how is it going to be paid for? My suggestion is make a business size card with all info on it except the members name. Make it downloadable, then each member can add his/her name and print it up themselves. Add a donation spot so, if desired, member can help with the cost of doing it this way. :biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks for the suggestion. Lots to be considered in this.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam

I'll help you get this going. I'll call you tonight while i'm at dialysis

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

I'll help you get this going. I'll call you tonight while i'm at dialysis

Awesome!

Gary Beasley

One of the woodworking clubs I was a member of would generate a personalized membership card you could access online when you signed in to thier website. It was complete with name, number, type of membership and expiration date. Im sure they had some kind of script that generated it. You were responsible for printing it out yourself, which was fine, and if you lose it you could reprint at any time.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
One of the woodworking clubs I was a member of would generate a personalized membership card you could access online when you signed in to thier website. It was complete with name, number, type of membership and expiration date. Im sure they had some kind of script that generated it. You were responsible for printing it out yourself, which was fine, and if you lose it you could reprint at any time.

Thanks Gary. That sounds like a good idea. We're going to try to do this without creating any work for Jeff. But will mull it over. :wink:

Gary Beasley

Thanks Gary. That sounds like a good idea. We're going to try to do this without creating any work for Jeff. But will mull it over. :wink:

I believe it was Woodworkers Guild of Georgia. The card was useful for discounts when presented at participating Woodcraft and Rockler stores. I dont know if this perk could be arranged easily for us, maybe at the stores the local chapters meet at?

Top Bottom