Is there a pencil mechanism for the Sierra?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigguyZ

I've heard that there are mechanical pencil mechanism that will work in place on a parker ink refill. So does that mean I can make a Sierra mechanical pencil? I have a potential customer who wants a .5mm pencil. The only kit I found that comes with that is the 10K gold beaded pencil from CUSA. But He recently saw the Sierras I did, and really liked that. So is that a possibility? Can I convert a sierra pen to a pencil?

Thanks,
Travis

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
M

Mudder

Originally posted by BigguyZ
<br />I've heard that there are mechanical pencil mechanism that will work in place on a parker ink refill. So does that mean I can make a Sierra mechanical pencil? I have a potential customer who wants a .5mm pencil. The only kit I found that comes with that is the 10K gold beaded pencil from CUSA. But He recently saw the Sierras I did, and really liked that. So is that a possibility? Can I convert a sierra pen to a pencil?

Thanks,
Travis

If you have any problems give me a shout and I'll help you.

drayman

hi travis, you must have been reading my mind.i was looking at pencil kits but found them all too cheap and tacky,can someone tell me if the sierra pencil kit is smooth and reliable. many thanks colin.

Randy_

I've had the same mechanism in a modified cigar pen for quite a while with no problems. You can use that pencil mechanism in almost any twist pen that will accept a Parker refill.

That being said, I personally find the mechanism a little cumbersome to use relative to a push-button pencil. It takes two hands to advance the lead and to retract it. You have to twist the pen to advance the lead and then you have to remember to twist it the other way or the lead will slip back into the tip. I don't think anyone who has ever used a push-button pencil will ever be totally satisfied with a twist pencil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom