Is it just me or is USPS screwed up

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

Trying for the last couple of hours to ship some packages and USPS won't populate any of the address in my book into the TO or even the FROM areas.

Then, after trying to log in from three different browsers - it tells my my password is invalid. THEN I have to create a NEW PASSWORD according to their new rules:

20160219_145330-768x1365.jpg

Now my session is about to expire because it will not let me enter a return address or access the default setting, and will not print a label without the return address.

Feeling a little rage-y!:mad::at-wits-end:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
My USPS account will not accept any form of payment. PayPal, Visa, MC, it all gets me a "unable to accept that payment type at this time". It's been like that for weeks. I abandoned it entirely for all the mug shipping and used the PayPal multi ship, which actually works WAY better for me. Unfortunately it doesn't do the international first class parcel, but I can print the customs/address label on line at USPS and go to the P.O.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I no longer use the USPS web site. PayPal Shipping is cheaper & also easier once you get used to it. I have written a tutorial for the library today to help step you through their procedures.

jttheclockman

Silly me, I just go to the Post Office and away it goes. I'm old school tho.

Works GREAT for ONE.

See how the people behind you react if you try to do that with ten!!:mad::mad::mad:

My post office has a separate line for businesses like this. Yes all those people have to wait their turn but that is the price of doing business I am thinking is their thought. They also have one of those machines where it will do all that electronically. Weighs it, prints labels and you use your charge card.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Trying for the last couple of hours to ship some packages and USPS won't populate any of the address in my book into the TO or even the FROM areas.

Then, after trying to log in from three different browsers - it tells my my password is invalid. THEN I have to create a NEW PASSWORD according to their new rules:

View attachment 144858

Now my session is about to expire because it will not let me enter a return address or access the default setting, and will not print a label without the return address.

Feeling a little rage-y!:mad::at-wits-end:
i Don't know what kind of packages you are trying to send but USPS in one on their changes awhile back stopped accepting payment on line. For instance, you can no longer do First Class Packages On Line and you can't do some international on line either though as Jeff indicated you can fill out and print the customs form. You might try Stamps.com they might let you print postage from their website without selecting a monthly rate.

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Works GREAT for ONE.

See how the people behind you react if you try to do that with ten!!:mad::mad::mad:

My post office has a separate line for businesses like this. Yes all those people have to wait their turn but that is the price of doing business I am thinking is their thought. They also have one of those machines where it will do all that electronically. Weighs it, prints labels and you use your charge card.
Well the Post Office I have to go to even if I have a printed label on the package and the postage is paid I still have to stand in line and hand it to a clerk who weighs it makes sure the postage is correct and gives me a "proof of mailing" receipt. Fortunately I live within a half mile of my mail kiosk and can schedule a package pickup at my home every day that I need one.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Works GREAT for ONE.

And if you think that's bad, wait until you get stuck behind someone trying to buy 5 postal money orders to pay all their bills and they don't speak English and nobody at the post office speaks Outer Slobovian" or what ever language the buyer is using. That can be good for half and hour.

Top Bottom