Is it a pen? Or is it a decoration?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hewunch

hewunch

I made this for the Christmas pen swap for our SC club. It is maple and purpleheart. In the windows you see a Christmas tree. Comments welcome. The guts are slimline and it does not separate (1 pc).

Attachments

• ornamentpen.jpg
    ornamentpen.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 311
  • ornamentpenclose.jpg
    ornamentpenclose.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 375
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Geez Hans...couldn't you make better use of your time. I dunno...make something a bit more creative :tongue::biggrin:

Any way I can pay off the pen-switcharooer?

hewunch

Great!!!! now I got to make something different for our GA meeting. I'm ashamed to bring what I made

No you don't this one will be gone by then :) Thanks for the compliment though.. Chuck and Alan too. Y'all are too kind.

hills4us

Nice to see new ideas applied to pen turning. Great pen.
I had an interesting from a friend to turn a dip pen. It is something I have never done before mainly because I have never seen a kit for a dip pen. Anyone know who has these kits for sale? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

hewunch

I sure am glad I am doing the drawing
:):wink:

Pretty neat little pen, I like the windows!
Me too. And I am glad others like them too.

Nice to see new ideas applied to pen turning. Great pen.
I had an interesting from a friend to turn a dip pen. It is something I have never done before mainly because I have never seen a kit for a dip pen. Anyone know who has these kits for sale? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Do a search for "speedball" nibs. I am not sure, but that might be what you are looking for. I think "the golden nib" has them, others likely do as well.

Kewl pen. How many of your lathes did you use to make this pen? :wink:
Ha! Believe it or not, only one... And a drill press :wink::cool:

Top Bottom