Inventory

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

run91

Hi fellow penturners,

I would like to know how everyone starts a good inventory of pens. I have been turning the same pen for show and tell,but people want to see different styles. So my question is where do you start. Do you make one of each different style with different materials or what? Thanks for all the help the site has given. Great place to be. [^] [8)] [?]

At work, the authority of a person is inversely proportional to the number of pens that person is carrying.

Texatdurango

Boy, you missed a doozy of a conversation just a week or two ago on this vary topic. I'll bet if you scroll down in the penturners forum a few pages, you'll find it. Some of it was pretty interesting.

alamocdc

Robert, I didn't get in on the last one, but I created (and keep) my inventory in two ways. First, I take advantage of the sales that our vendors offer. I also get in on the group buys when my stock runs low.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Also to be considered is that you need to find a kit you enjoy making. Let's say for example that you absolutely hate to turn tenons. In that case you likely would eliminate kits that requirs a tenon. Experiment with a few kits and find some you are comfortable turning. Slowly build your inventory in that way and see what sells in your area.

Top Bottom