International Box

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeweler53

4240 Wellington Loop SE, Lacey, WA, 98503
With the box spending about a month in Canada, and becoming "lost" we still have a ways to go! Here is the order for those that remain. If I have missed someone, let me know!

Cmiles1985
Karl_99
BJohn
Cwalker935
mike4066
Swagopenturner
MarkD
ozne69
edohmann
Trey
SteveG
mbroberg

akingkubo

That is so sweet and noble of you, Edgar for "doing over" to keep this box going!
That is very impressive in my book! My hat's off to you!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
That is so sweet and noble of you, Edgar for "doing over" to keep this box going!
That is very impressive in my book! My hat's off to you!

Thanks Maria, but I should note that this was a reallocation of one of the BOBs that I had donated for the Loser Train drawing. I did juice it up just a little for the pass it forward game.

Edgar

Cmiles1985

What I received:

What I kept:

What I'm adding:

I find it sort of funny how well things travel. In the last Pass it Forward box, I added a piece or two of "Aus Olive." At first I thought it was just coincidental that maybe Edgar bought some of the same wood from George. Then I realized it was my handwriting. Anyhow, there's a good selection of Texas woods in there. Once I print the label, I'll post tracking info!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I find it sort of funny how well things travel. In the last Pass it Forward box, I added a piece or two of "Aus Olive." At first I thought it was just coincidental that maybe Edgar bought some of the same wood from George. Then I realized it was my handwriting. Anyhow, there's a good selection of Texas woods in there. Once I print the label, I'll post tracking info!

That is interesting. :)

If George reads your post, he's liable to think that we don't like his olive wood. :biggrin:

I did buy a pack of George's olive wood about a year ago and I still have about half of it left. When that PIF box arrived at the end of the game, I selected some of the items for my inventory and set the rest aside for other IAP activities. Since I already had some AU olive wood, that was one of the items I put in the "IAP" box - I didn't realize that it came from you, but I'd have been sure to include if I had. I love irony. :wink:

Cmiles1985

There's the tracking number! I also threw in a larger blank of spalted hackberry that isn't yet stabilized and didn't make the photo. I've been fairly busy today, but this WILL be dropped off at the Post Office TODAY!

Thanks Dick for running this!

In going through my PM's, I must have been ready for this a while back. I received Karl's address exactly a month ago.

Karl_99

International Box Arrived Today!

OK...the box arrived today and...
Here is what was in it:

View in Gallery

and here is what I took out:

View in Gallery

and then I drove halfway across the country to Billy Tallant's house and took some of his Superbowl Blank winnings and loaded up the box to send to John...

View in Gallery

OK...so maybe I did not do that, but you will have to wait until John gets the box to see what is inside... :biggrin:

Last edited:

BJohn

I am here and received the box, just have had a couple family commitments over the weekend and through yesterday, I brought the box with me to work and will look at lunch and add some pieces back in. Will back on it's way tomorrow at the latest.

jeweler53

4240 Wellington Loop SE, Lacey, WA, 98503
BJohn,
I hope you are well!

As of today you have had the box for a full week. The guidelines for this activity say: "We want this game to run as smoothly and efficiently as possible, so please do not keep the box more than 2 days before shipping it to the next person."

Please ship the box ASAP. You don't eve have to leave the house to do it! It shouldn't take more than 10 or 15 min. If you are unsure how to do this there is a tutorial in the library that explains it. (http://content.penturners.org/library/misc/fr_ship.pdf)

Thanks!

BJohn

I am well, sorry for the delay but this has been the week from as we said when we were kids (HE double Hockey Sticks).

Unreal busy at work and with family stuff (elderly parent in hospital kind of stuff).

And 'Cody' box is back in the hands of USPS tracking #9114 9999 4423 8520 6114 38.

Sorry did not have a chance to take any photos just wanted the box as Willie say's "Back On The Road Again"

Cwalker935

Received the box today. This is what it contained:

image.jpg

mike4066

I The box arrived a day early and I happened to have the afternoon off.

I'll post pics in a bit, gotta pick the kids up from school and drop this back off at the post office.

Edit.. Just dropped off at the post office. Box is headed back to Texas.

tracking #

Last edited:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
This truly is an International Box.

By my count, it will have looped through Texas 6 times by the time the game is over. :)

SteveG

I have in times past, I recall hearing this (or something similar) emphatic statement made in reference to Texas:

"You can give it all back to Mexico!!"

What is the underlying meaning here, I do not know. It seemed to fit in this thread.:rolleyes:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I have in times past, I recall hearing this (or something similar) emphatic statement made in reference to Texas:

What is the underlying meaning here, I do not know. It seemed to fit in this thread.:rolleyes:

Must have been a jealous Yankee :)

Cmiles1985

They had a look at Corpus Christi :biggrin:

Picked up the box this morning, and was it packed with goodies! Took out what caught my eye, and put in some things for someone else (Who likes Tru-Stone!). Took pictures of everything, but have to wait until tomorrow to download them. The box was sent back out to PA. Expected delivery day: Friday
USPS Tracking Number: 9114 9012 3080 3852 3534 92

MarkD

Eagerly awaiting the package.
I have been casting lots of hemlock pine cone blanks lately...just saying:biggrin:

Last edited:
Here's the photos I took on the front seat of my truck outside the PO on Tuesday!
Number 12 is what was received. Like I said, it was pack with really great stuff!
14 is what I kept. The Civil War pen went right home and on the lathe. It turned out great!
16 is the stuff I put back in. I hope someone likes it!

Attachments

• Pen Pics 012.jpg
    Pen Pics 012.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 132
  • Pen Pics 014.jpg
    Pen Pics 014.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 129
  • Pen Pics 016.jpg
    Pen Pics 016.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 122

mike4066

I kept the other Civil War pen with Grant on it, really looking forward to turning it. Who was on that one?

Please let me know how those Steam Punk blanks turn out. I've only made a hand full and the first few sets were a bit brittle.

MarkD

I received the box yesterday and hope to get it back in the mail by Monday.
Pictures to come.

MarkD

The box has been shipped to ozne69.
Expected delivery is Wednesday.
Tracking # 9505 5110 0336 5103 0038 00

Top Bottom