Interesting light box alternatives

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Why would one use a lightbox with the light INSIDE. The main idea behind using a light box or light tent in the first place is to diffuse the light in an effort to eliminate 'hot spots' on the item being photographed.

The Ikea Hamper Light Tent is about the same thing as using a box with white insides.

Having been a product photographer for Coke Cola for years and having my own advertising agency for years I see absolutely NO benefits from this light hamper. It is just a box with a light inside it!

We always mounted lighting to the outside and well away from the material in our tents. This kept the heat away from the product - especially useful when shooting chocolate and other candies ... not to mention ice creams! Being outside also allows the use of different gels in front of the lights for color effects.

wicook

This IKEA idea looks like it might well work OK even with the light mounted inside. The light is pointing up at the side of the "tent" above the object being photographed, so there is only indirect lighting. Might work.

sah6139

I think it may work

200781015522_100_2612.jpg

200781015550_100_2614.jpg

Empty the laundry and a rechargeable LED light.
Now clean up before SWMBO gets here[:D]

steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom