Ink Refills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

I just want to make sure I have this right. If I build a pen that uses a standard Parker ball point refill, I can upgrade to either a gel ink refill or a roller ball refill correct? Are all rollerball refills parker style or are they differnt styles of rollerball refills?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
You can upgrade to a gel, or a "liquid ink"--the 9000 made by Schmidt and marketed by them or Private Reserve.

"liquid ink" is the same term as used on rollerballs. Is the 9000 the SAME as a rollerball?? Depends on your definitions.

Chthulhu

The Schmidt 9000 is essentially a rollerball in a ballpoint refill package. The big pen makers could have done this themselves, but then they couldn't sell you two different pens (and two different refills!) quite as easily.

penmaker56

The Schmidt easyFLOW 9000 uses a low viscosity ball point ink, not a gel or liquid ink. It writes ALMOST as smooth as a gel, but costs less and lasts longer than a gel. Roller balls use a liquid ink which can dry out and the cartridge is longer.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Short answer

I just want to make sure I have this right. If I build a pen that uses a standard Parker ball point refill, I can upgrade to either a gel ink refill or a roller ball refill correct? Are all rollerball refills parker style or are they differnt styles of rollerball refills?

I notice that no one seemed to give you the short answer. No - parker style refills are not the same as rollerball refills and are not interchangeable. Parker style gel refills should be interchangeable.

That being said much of what is written is probably true....Schmidt easyFlow refill's (Including private reserve) write very smoothly and are a good upgrade for Parker style pens.

Top Bottom