Ink options?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

emccarthy

I've been taking my personal pen everywhere, basically to test drive it...see how the finish wears and how well the ink works on a variety of surfaces, and I've come to the conclusion that the ink that came with the kit is garbage.

The kit is the Classic American twist from Woodcraft, and comes equipped with a parker style ball point refill.

What I want to know, is if the parker brand refills are better(gel or ballpoint) or if there is a less expensive refill of similar quality(to the parker brand). Also, I've had a little difficulty finding an online supplier of refills for much less than regular retail cost...does anyone have a website or two they might be willing to share?

Thanks,
Erik

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wheaties

What I want to know, is if the parker brand refills are better(gel or ballpoint) or if there is a less expensive refill of similar quality(to the parker brand). Also, I've had a little difficulty finding an online supplier of refills for much less than regular retail cost...does anyone have a website or two they might be willing to share?

Thanks,
Erik

gel/ballpoint is just a preference thing IMO.

coloradopen.com is probably your best bet

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Don't know about penworks but the Private Reserve refills from Exotic Blanks write 10 times better than the normal refill. It actually writes like a rollerball.

PenMan1

The Schmidt 9000 Parker type refill writes very well and lasts a long time. Several vendors here have them for very good prices.

emccarthy

I'll definitly be looking into those types of refills.

On an aside, do any of you guys swap out the ink that comes with the kits for a premium refill, or simply just leave the cheapy that comes with it in the pen?

ldb2000

All my ballpoint pens get a Fisher space refill . They are expensive but if you want the best writing refill (IMHO) they are the ones to go with . They will write on almost anything , in any temperature and they last a long , long time .

jttheclockman

All my ballpoint pens get a Fisher space refill . They are expensive but if you want the best writing refill (IMHO) they are the ones to go with . They will write on almost anything , in any temperature and they last a long , long time .

If that be the case Butch what do you do with all your refills that come with the kits???

I will throw that question out there also to anyone else that changes out the refills when selling pens.

dow

Butch, where are you getting your Fisher refills? Or rather, have you found a place that will give you bulk pricing?

Thanks,
Dow

Top Bottom