Info from Meetings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

medemt

Ken - was wandering when we might see that write up of the "Ken Mayes CA finishing technique"? Also, did we decide if and when we were going to have our next meeting? If we are going to have it at the church, I need to reserve it. Let me know.

Ron - when we were talking, I believe you mentioned that you have some kind of software that can capture videos from the internet and allow you to save them on your computer. Can you tell me where to get a copy of this?

Appreciate it guys. Thanks for the demo Ron, I really was interested in seeing the Pen wizard. I like to see demos as they say more than a written tutorial.

Can't wait until the next meeting.

Dan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lpierce65

I use real player it has a capture ( recording window) that pops up when you are playing a video like on You Tube.. it does not like Firefox 3.0 unfortunately

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Dan,
I sent an email to someone in Indianapolis saying that the manager of the Rockler Store in Indy is willing to discus having the chapter meet at the store. He said the meeting could be held after the store closes. His name is Paul Haag and is a good guy. I worked there for awhile and currently do pen turning demos about every other week and have for a couple of years. Call or email me if you need more info or if this is of any inteest.
Bill Bettag
aka The Wood Butcher

ken69912001

We had talked a little about this at the last meeting. It would be a great place to hold one except not sure about meeting there after 7 o'clock at night. What are the thoughts of everyone in the group about this?

rej19

I am available just about anytime. I would have the same concerns as Ken though. For those who have to travel any distance starting at 7:00 would be difficult for them. Our last two meeting lasted over 2-3 hours so that would be late for someone who has to drive an hour or two to get home.
Dan, I just saw this post and it reminded me of the conversation about saving youtube videos. I'll have to check it when I get home and get back to you.
Jeff, If you read this I got the powders and the blanks. Thanks a ton. I have not had a chance yet to do anything with them yet but I will keep you posted when I do. I will be out of town this weekend so it may be a week or 2.

lpierce65

I think I stated this the last time it came up. Coop And I are about 55 miles from Indy not counting the extra trip around 465 to get to the Castleton area. I've ran into a pen turner from Terre haute who might want to come. tht 17 miles farther west.. I realize its going to be tough to find a place to meet that is agreeable, and a reasonable distance to all. I just have problem with meeting after they Close At 7:00Pm or Later on a Saturday. I do appreciate their offer though..

woodcraft said they will let us use there place any time on sunday and they have a nice big area. I cannot do early meeting, I donot get off work till 1 or 2 Am.

rej19

Meeting Place

Josh, That is good news. I believe they actually have a larger room than Rocklers. Again it doesn't make any difference to me. I just want to make sure we do what works best for the most. Rocklers and Woodcraft are pretty close to each other also. Looking forward to our next meeting.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
It's sounding like Sunday afternoon at Woodcraft might work out . I can miss one Nascar race :eek: . Could give us a chance to stock up too . I'd hate for our distant members not to be there . My .02 !

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
woodcraft said they will let us use there place any time on sunday and they have a nice big area. I cannot do early meeting, I donot get off work till 1 or 2 Am.

OK , how about if Josh gets it set up at Woodcraft on a Sunday afternoon ? Before the PMG ?

Top Bottom