Indiana Turner

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hump3366

I have completed a couple of wood and several corian pens. A great hooby so far to let the stress of the day spin away. I did have a blow out in drilling so maybe there is some stress. I lookforward to learning more. Hump:biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rej19

Welcome Hump! Hey, were having a Indy area group meeting this Saturday 28th in Avon. Just the Forums area for the Indianapolis Group for the details. A great place to pickup ideas and hints. Plus you can meet lots of the local turners. We have a great group of guys and gals that meet quarterly. Would love to see you there. If you can make the trip and look me up.

ctubbs

Welcome Stephen, from far west Kentucky, to the addiction, sometimes referred to as the vortex. Be sure to give the library a good bit of time. The link is at the top of the page. You will find an article called Library Index. This covers tutorials on about anything pen making you can think of. You will also notice that there are articles listed by year. Much good info there as well. When these fail to answer your questions, by all means post it here. I have never seen one go unanswered very long. You might also want to give this thread a good look. It has some very good info for the beginning pen turner; http://content.penturners.org/library/general_reference/Getting_started_in_pen_turning.pdf. Grab some wood, make some shavings and have fun all the while being safe.
Have a look at the series of videos ed4copies has just posted showing how to complete a pen from drill to finish.

Charles

Ligget

I still have the odd blow out, like many others, it always seems to happen when you are working with a very expensive blank!

Welcome to the IAP.

Top Bottom