INDIANA TRU-QUARTER™

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from seamus7227

seamus7227

Indiana State Quarter. Same routine different coin, LOL.

2011-10-29 22.15.04-1.jpg

Sent from my Epic using Forum Runner

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mr

One hour and no comments. Now you know what us Hoosiers think of our own quarter. :redface: I got to see one of the quarter pens in person today. I have to say that is pretty slick.

Woodlvr

Why would Indiana have a race car on their quarter? Aren't the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah Seamus? :wink::biggrin: I just get more frustrated when I see your scrolling because I am not steady enough to even attempt this.:frown: Good job as usual. My friend wants to see a completed Utah quarter pen so I told him to pay me for the blank and I will turn it for him, then he can see it completed. :rolleyes:

seamus7227

One hour and no comments. Now you know what us Hoosiers think of our own quarter. :redface: I got to see one of the quarter pens in person today. I have to say that is pretty slick.

Im curious which quarter blank you saw?!:biggrin: thanks for the compliments, thats just one more closer to 50

IPD_Mrs

He saw Ernie's (Churchill Down etc.) - I'm answering because I'm taking a break from the "work" we are doing for the night and Mike didn't mind :).

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Looks great dude. And yes, I had to show of my pen today at the chapter meeting:biggrin:

Carrick

Seamus,

Outstanding work, as always. I've looked at most of the posts, but I haven't kept track of which ones you have tackled so far. Curious, if you have done Tennessee and Michigan, yet.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hmmmm

If indiana felt they needed a sport on their coin, why on earth they didn't pick basketball is beyond me. Everybody in the state is a basketball fan....at least everybody I've ever met from there is.

seamus7227

Seamus,

Outstanding work, as always. I've looked at most of the posts, but I haven't kept track of which ones you have tackled so far. Curious, if you have done Tennessee and Michigan, yet.

here is the Michigan Quarter
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=84750&highlight=michigan+tru+quarter

here is Tennessee quarter:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=86815&highlight=tennessee+quarter

You can also go to my website and click on "Coins" and see what I have cut so far. thanks for the compliments

76winger

If indiana felt they needed a sport on their coin, why on earth they didn't pick basketball is beyond me. Everybody in the state is a basketball fan....at least everybody I've ever met from there is.

Hey Smitty,

I'm one of the rare people (at least for guys) that couldn't care less about ball sports in general. !! :eek: !! :eek: !! :eek: !! :eek: !! :eek: !! :eek: !! :eek: !!

Pleased to meet you!!! :biggrin:

However I did grow up with an interest in cars and spent my first career as an auto Mechanic. So I was very pleased to see they represented the Indianapolis 500 racing on the Quarter, which actually originated from here, whereas basketball, I have no clue where it began but doubt it was Indiana.

If I were to be blessed with a blank from Seamus's quarter lineup, this would be the one for me! :wink:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hmmmm

Yes the Indianapolis 500 did originate in Indiana. I'm pretty sure there is only one Indianapolis Motor Speedway in the USA.:biggrin:

Basketball originated in Massachusetts ,,,,,:redface: but I would still think of Indiana as the most "basketball" happy state in the USA. And while the Indianapolis 500 is a long running (1st time was in 1911) and well known race I would opine that, overall, basketball has far more fans go to games each year than go to the 500.

That doesn't mean it isn't a nice coin...I think I like all of them.

EBorraga

In Memoriam
How many Hoosier basketball fans live outside of Indiana? If they were gonna do a basketball theme instead of an Indy Car, They would've put a picture of Bob Knight on it. Not many people can tell you who coached Indiana other than Bobby Knight, without using google!!

When I think of Indiana what comes to mind is Jim Neighbors singing "Back Home Again" before the 500. But of course I'm biased. I've been to 19 out of the last 20 500's. My dad has been to every one since 1964 when Aj won his third 500.

But i'm not gonna hijack this thread anymore.

Seamus, all your tru-quarter blanks are phenominal!!!

seamus7227

How many Hoosier basketball fans live outside of Indiana? If they were gonna do a basketball theme instead of an Indy Car, They would've put a picture of Bob Knight on it. Not many people can tell you who coached Indiana other than Bobby Knight, without using google!!

When I think of Indiana what comes to mind is Jim Neighbors singing "Back Home Again" before the 500. But of course I'm biased. I've been to 19 out of the last 20 500's. My dad has been to every one since 1964 when Aj won his third 500.

But i'm not gonna hijack this thread anymore.

Seamus, all your tru-quarter blanks are phenominal!!!

I actually liked the idea!:biggrin: doesnt bother me, heck if anything, this has been kind of interesting to read what everyone has said!!! Thanks everyone!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Not what I meant

I was thinking more of how many folks in Indiana watch and follow High School Basketball .... not how many Indiana University basketball fans there are outside of Indiana.

Unless it's changed some there are towns in Indiana that shut down when the H.S. basketball team is playing at home.

EBorraga

In Memoriam
Smitty, i think you've watched the movie Hoosiers way to many times:biggrin:.
In general, high school sports are really big in these parts. I go to a high school football game every friday night, never the same school though. I travel all over the city and state watching games. I also go to alot of boy's and girl's basketball games. Most games cost $5.00 and those kids play their hearts out. Unlike pro sports these days.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Not so...

Smitty, i think you've watched the movie Hoosiers way to many times:biggrin:.
In general, high school sports are really big in these parts. I go to a high school football game every friday night, never the same school though. I travel all over the city and state watching games. I also go to alot of boy's and girl's basketball games. Most games cost $5.00 and those kids play their hearts out. Unlike pro sports these days.
Nah, I have read several books about high school basketball in Indiana. Going back to just a few years after the real "Hoosiers" story occurred....btw the season that Hoosiers was based on actually happend in the 1953/54 basketball season when I was a junior in high school in North Eastern PA and we read about it in our local papers. We were the smallest school in the PIAA (Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association) so we were thrilled that a little school had won the Indiana State title.

Top Bottom