Incra Miter Express

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

I use mine a lot and of course think it was a good purchase. For making accurate cuts for small jewelry and pen boxes to making angled cuts on pen blanks for knots and designs.

Here is mine setup to cut pen blanks using a very thin kerf Hitachi blade.

2%20cut%20the%20blank.jpg

jkeithrussell

Cool, thanks. I've been thinking about getting one for a while, and I think I'm ready to pull the trigger.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
I have one and use it all the time. Think it's great.

You can also purchase different parts to make more different jigs than you can shake a stick at. Check out the Incra website, if you haven't already, lots of info and interesting reading.

tbird

I use mine a lot and of course think it was a good purchase. For making accurate cuts for small jewelry and pen boxes to making angled cuts on pen blanks for knots and designs.

Here is mine setup to cut pen blanks using a very thin kerf Hitachi blade.

2%20cut%20the%20blank.jpg
Could you clear up a bit of confusion? Are you using a 7 1/4" blade? Other than obvious size differences is there much different in a tablesaw blade and a circular saw blade? I've also been looking at getting one of these sleds so I could step up to another level. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Marcia

Texatdurango

Could you clear up a bit of confusion? Are you using a 7 1/4" blade? Other than obvious size differences is there much different in a tablesaw blade and a circular saw blade? I've also been looking at getting one of these sleds so I could step up to another level. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Marcia
Marcia, Yes I am using a 7 1/4" blade and most smaller blades are thinner, that's why we use them, to get thin kerfs.

Actually the blade I prefer and started using after this photo was taken is the Frued "Diablo" blade. It is even thinner than the Hitachi shown and makes an ideal width for my segment work and knots.

Some will argue that you shouldn't put a 7" blade in a 10" table saw but I don't agree and see nothing wrong whatsoever and have been doing it for many years. I have a stacked dado blade that is only 6 1/2" and has safely cut lots of dadoes.

Top Bottom