Imperial

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Here is a recent Imperial roller ball pen that came off my lathe. The wood is a stabilized box elder burl (AS).
IMG_8087.jpg

IMG_8086.jpg

IMG_8088.jpg

Comments and critiques are welcome as always.
:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bgray

Great job, Jim.

Is that non-dyed, or is it yellow dyed?

If non-dyed, you found a phenomenal blank...I usually don't find boxelder that looks like that!

Originally posted by jkoehler
<br />As usual. Great looking pen.
It was good to see you on the weekend. That was a GREAT selection of writing insturments that you had.
How were sales?

Thanks Jeff..

I had the best pens I have ever turned at the 3 day show....sold 4 pens all weekend...it was strange....but it was a woodshow...last year my sales at the same show were 400% better,oh well. [B)]

The Banner was filled with signitures and that was mattered most.[:D]

lwalden

Fantastic figure in that piece of Box Elder, and beautiful job on the execution. My wife came running in from the kitchen in order to see what I was going OH, WOW! about.....

Thanks Guys and Gals....

I had a "feeling" that this one might be a good combo....[:0]

I am pleased with the result and also to offer the combination as maybe a consideration for others too. I know I have often been influenced by some pens and combo's in materials of other turners here...Thank You[:)]

airrat

Nice job!

I have not really looked at that pen, but that bulbous tip looks uncomfortable to write with. What do you all that have used it think?

Originally posted by airrat
<br />Nice job!

I have not really looked at that pen, but that bulbous tip looks uncomfortable to write with. What do you all that have used it think?

Hi Tom,

Thank You..

I have sold a few of these and I have had a chance to speak with a few customers after the fact...some really like it, others say they never thought of how it felt compared to others, no one said they did not like it...but I guess they paid for it already so it was passed the point of return or admission of not liking it![:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom