Image in a casting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RMckin5324

:confused: I'm trying to do some blanks, I want to put an image on the inside around the tube and stick some stuff to it. I've been playing with different materials and I've had running issues. What type of paper should I use? Should I use Photo paper? Its the image of a US Flag but not a photo of one.
Any help would be great...........Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

markgum

It was my experiment of trying to do a 'stamp' pen. I printed the photos on an ink-jet printer with plain paper about the size of a postage stamp. Glued them to a plain wood blank, with watered-down wood glue. After letting it dry for a couple of days, I put a layer of Modge-Podge on and let it dry over night. I repeated that for the next 3 days. Then I applied CA glue a few layers of thin and a couple of layers of thick. it worked o.k. want to try again but use a bigger picture this time. somewhere out there in internet land is a video of making a postage stamp pen. I"m looking for it now and will add it later when I find it.
hope this helps.

here is the you-tube video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv1WoQtwVVE

Last edited:

manatee

I put photos on tubes using images printed on photographic label paper (2x4 labels) with my laser printer using Avery free software. I paint the tube white also.

larryc

I put photos on tubes using images printed on photographic label paper (2x4 labels) with my laser printer using Avery free software. I paint the tube white also.
I was having problems with the brass tube showing through a label and I tried the paint but I'm a lousy painter and I was having problems with the resin eating the paint, etc.
I just finished a PR pen with a label and tried something different (at least I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere). I made the label as wide as the tube but long enough to go around the tube at least twice. No more brass showing through the label and if you paint the seam with Wite-Out it makes the seam just about invisible.

Top Bottom