I'm not dead...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Russell Eaton

Russell Eaton

Just got called back to work for a few weeks. These are inspired by a fellow member that posted some captive ring goblets a week ago. I decided to try the captive ring first. I was bored and decided to try it with a pen blank. That is the first one the second was from Ambrosia Maple it is interlocking as well, it is 2 3/4" tall. The last is also Ambrosia Maple and is about 4" tall. I was in the middle of turning the last one last night when the power went out, that was NOT fun! I am still just practicing. Any comments are welcome. Thanks for looking , Russell

Attachments

• IMG_2120.jpg
    IMG_2120.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_2118.jpg
    IMG_2118.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_2116.jpg
    IMG_2116.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 174
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mark

That first one is so tiny. I'd have a tough time just seeing the goblet, let alone cutting those rings. Nicely Done... I'm very impressed...

RAdams

Banned
that is pretty cool! You could sell those to crickets! The interlocking rings are slick too. I have seen them before, but never that tiny. Did you break one of the rings, or cut it?

Russell Eaton

that is pretty cool! You could sell those to crickets! The interlocking rings are slick too. I have seen them before, but never that tiny. Did you break one of the rings, or cut it?
I broke it with the grain the sanded the crap out of it. I started on the little one because if I could do one that small a big one would be no problem.

Craftdiggity

Hey, Russell. Those are pretty cool. I always seem to try to make mine bigger, but I've never thought to turn little ones like that. What did you use to cut the rings on such a small piece?

Chris

Chief Hill

Wow. You could make about a million with all the little cutoffs o have laying around. very neat.

Top Bottom