I'm confused

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

That what is great about this forum, compared to a couple of other wood turning forums I WAS a member of!:mad: I got tired real fast of the "Legends In Their Own Minds" the ones that have a large number of posts and been a member for a long time of a forum. But can only verbally assault the new members, when they make a mistake in the questions they ask.

..........And when you look at their postings(LITOM) they have been for a long time just verbal nastiness, reminds me of high school and all the crap, the cliques did to each other.

.............Please don't start all that crap that is on a lot of other forums. If you like the drama then you can find all you want on other forums.

Legends in their own minds....... older members verbally assaulting new members...... Older members only posting verbal nastiness....

Where on earth are you getting all this from and what in this thread prompted it?

I just browsed back over 40 posts and didn't see one verbal assault, not one person posting verbal nastiness, no one acting ugly, no name calling, not even a simple argument and saw no evidence of high school crap or cliques.

To me it looks like a pretty peaceful thread where everyone is discussing the topic and voicing different opinions and not one thing you mentioned in your post whatsoever applies to this thread so why post it other than to just get something stirred up?

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
That what is great about this forum, compared to a couple of other wood turning forums I WAS a member of!:mad: I got tired real fast of the "Legends In Their Own Minds" the ones that have a large number of posts and been a member for a long time of a forum. But can only verbally assault the new members, when they make a mistake in the questions they ask.

..........And when you look at their postings(LITOM) they have been for a long time just verbal nastiness, reminds me of high school and all the crap, the cliques did to each other.

.............Please don't start all that crap that is on a lot of other forums. If you like the drama then you can find all you want on other forums.

Legends in their own minds....... older members verbally assaulting new members...... Older members only posting verbal nastiness....

Where on earth are you getting all this from and what in this thread prompted it?

I just browsed back over 40 posts and didn't see one verbal assault, not one person posting verbal nastiness, no one acting ugly, no name calling, not even a simple argument and saw no evidence of high school crap or cliques.

To me it looks like a pretty peaceful thread where everyone is discussing the topic and voicing different opinions and not one thing you mentioned in your post whatsoever applies to this thread so why post it other than to just get something stirred up?
George; I think you read too fast. The OP never mentioned this thread or forum. He was talking of other forums he visits or has visited!

sbell111

I started off not sanding the tubes and I had the occasional tube-slip. I changed my process to quickly sand the tubes using a tiny sanding drum and a foredom tool. It is a super quick step and I no longer have unstuck tubes, so I will continue to sand my tubes.

OKLAHOMAN

I've made a few thousand pens over the last 5 years and stopped sanding tubes 4 years ago, a quick swipe with a DNA use medium CA spread evenly around the tube and ready to go. As I usually do 10-50 pens at a time as I finish the last one I can mill and turn the first ones. Haven't had a handful "spin" on me in 4 years.
As I think back on all these post I think George was opening not a debate but asking the "whys" of certain steps some taken and are they necessary. If in your experance you think they are then by all means continue doing it your way as that is your right way, my right way might differ but it's my right way.
But if your not sure your way can't be improved upon try the other right way you just might learn something.

Last edited:

PTsideshow

Mack C. said:
George; I think you read too fast. The OP never mentioned this thread or forum. He was talking of other forums he visits or has visited!

That is correct other wood turning and other forums seem to be there only for the the amusement of some members.
I was called a nitwitt on another turning forum because I didn't know turners don't mean what they say using certain words.

As somebody new to wood turning, I wasn't aware that a mineral name was used as a generic name of a resin and stone dust blank.
Since I have had a little experience in turning "real stone" I gave what was some information to the poster on the site. I was rewarded by being told what a nitwit and etc etc I was.

When I alerted a mod about it the next day the member in question was now a moderator and my post calling him the only nitwit on the forum was removed but his calling me names was still there.

I haven't been back and if it was the only source on the net I wouldn't go back.

Form what I have seen by going back in some forums on this site that kind of thing doesn't happen on here. That is what is great about this site!
:clown:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
George, you're confused???? I just found out I've been doing it wrong all along!!! :eek::biggrin:

Attachments

• Confused.jpg
    Confused.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 91

Texatdurango

Now that it's brought up, Let me clarify....... There is a small possibility that there is a very slight chance that I may be in a position that could be construed as being slightly confused!

On Edit, Skip, I just noticed your photo and thought... what the hell is he making this time, then it hit me...... too funny! Good to see you posting again!

Last edited:

LeeR

So if the wife is casting round blanks do I still need to sand those corners:biggrin:

Scott (I just try to do the same everytime, doesn't make it right) B

I like the idea of sanding them back to being square, mentioned earlier. Round blanks takes all the fun away for some. It is extra work, so you could charge more for them ... you know "beginner's blanks" vs. "expert's blanks" ... :tongue:

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hmmmm

Now that it's brought up, Let me clarify....... There is a small possibility that there is a very slight chance that I may be in a position that could be construed as being slightly confused!

On Edit, Skip, I just noticed your photo and thought... what the hell is he making this time, then it hit me...... too funny! Good to see you posting again!
Can I take that to be a definate, possible, maybe there?

Texatdurango

Can I take that to be a definate, possible, maybe there?

Perhaps but I'm not totally sure!

MarkD

Maybe we can have Jeff create a new "Confused" button, similar to the new "Like" button he recently added. :confused:

IPD_Mr

George, you're confused???? I just found out I've been doing it wrong all along!!! :eek::biggrin:

Steven you can borrow my mortising maching if you pay the shipping both ways. :biggrin: It will square that round hole up in a jiffy so you can use the new aluminum square tubes. :tongue:

AnachitlPut

i never done any of those. i get why people sand their tubes before glueing but sanding to make round, i don't get it unless your doing alot of sections. i never had a issue with glue it works great for me.

Top Bottom