idea ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kinggabby

Has anyone ever thought of partially burning a pen blank with a torch and the reinforcing it with CA wonder if it would make a nice pen. I know I am not even being close to set up to start turning but I am trying to get ideas ready.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

snyiper

I have flamed oak it is ok I didnt like it so much. Perhaps some other woods it could be nice...didnt sit great with me.

louisbry

I don't see why it would not look good if the burning was controlled and created a desired design. We burn rings on turnings with wire quite often.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
burning

Has anyone ever thought of partially burning a pen blank with a torch and the reinforcing it with CA wonder if it would make a nice pen. I know I am not even being close to set up to start turning but I am trying to get ideas ready.

I have seen wood lightly burned on a doll house to give it a rustic log cabin look and it looked fine, I've also seen signs lightly burned for almost the same purpose -- give them a 'aged' look. Should work ok on pens, depending somewhat on the wood. Don't burn the barn down though.

Top Bottom