IAP SUPER MUG -1 Shipper - 0

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

Imagine my horror returning home yesterday and seeing this waiting for me! :eek:

View in Gallery

This couldn't be my IAP mug . . . . . . . . Could it? :confused::crying:

I gingerly carried it inside hoping for a miracle. My heart sank as I saw the IAP return address.

View in Gallery
I fully expected my new IAP anniversary mug to be inside . . . . . . . . . Some assembly required. :mad:

BUT NO!!! :smile-big: My super mug survived unscathed.

View in Gallery

What a great month!

FEB 1 -The Bash Started!

FEB 2 - The Groundhog didn't see his shadow! Notice flowers in 1st pic.
Later that day my granddaughter was born. I wonder if my Daughter-In-Law will let me call her Woodchuck? :rolleyes:

View in Gallery

FEB 6 - And I got my new - Flawless - Undamaged - SUPER MUG!

DISCLAIMER 1:Events are in chronological order, not order of importance. Well DUH

DISCLAIMER 2:Some events have been . . . . . Ummm . . . . Exagerated . . . . or even . . . . . . well, fabricated. But in no way shape or form was any unopened mug box harmed in creating this story. After it was opened and the mug removed, not so much.

DISCLAIMER 3: This story regarding the condition of the mug box is pure fiction and meant only as a joke. :biggrin:
It arrived in perfect condition. My mailman does a great job.

Anticipated Events

Feb 19 - My anniversary, where I present my wife with the mug with #83 of 150 on the bottom. We were married in 1983. She'll be thrilled. :bananen_smilies039:

Feb 20 - I'll be installing heat in the doghouse. :redface:

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Impossible. That box looks like it was run over with a truck:eek: I said many times here that they are well packed and even the mailman can't destroy them. Well this is proof without question. I would have been hedging my bet after seeing that though. WOW.

bobleibo

Wow, 2 great deliveries in the same week. One is a lot cuter than the other. As nice as the IAP mug is, after being married 33 years, you may want to up your game for an anniversary gift or the newly heated doghouse will come in handy.

Congratulations!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
My first thought when I saw your top photo was - "Is Bob pulling our leg?" Glad to see that I was right. :)

Congrats on your new granddaughter! I predict many happy bonding days ahead. Granddaughter's are really special.

BSea

Wow, 2 great deliveries in the same week. One is a lot cuter than the other. As nice as the IAP mug is, after being married 33 years, you may want to up your game for an anniversary gift or the newly heated doghouse will come in handy.

Congratulations!

BETTER INSTALL THOSE HEAT LAMPS FIRST.......

I aint saying you gonna need them, but February sure is cold when you sleep outside.

So, you guys think I should get her a T-shirt too? I mean it's not like it's the 50 year thing.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I'd definitely recommend the T-Shirt & the desk cup too!
Both are really nice this year - the cup is a really nice 2-tone, dark red on top & black bottom. You have to see it to really appreciate how striking it is.

BSea

I'd definitely recommend the T-Shirt & the desk cup too!
Both are really nice this year - the cup is a really nice 2-tone, dark red on top & black bottom. You have to see it to really appreciate how striking it is.

Being married for almost 33 years means I must be doing something right. And trust me, giving her anything pen related isn't on the agenda. Lets just say she isn't as enamored with turning as I am. And even less when it comes to casting. You'd think she'd have gotten used to the smell of PR by now. It's like she isn't even trying.:rolleyes:

bobleibo

Bob #1
The Anniversary Committee told me to help you out with a few suggestions before you go down in flames. I can chip in about $10 -
you're welcome~
Bob #2

Attachments

• crusie ship.jpg
    crusie ship.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 139
  • diamond bracelet.jpg
    diamond bracelet.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 174
  • Tahiti.jpg
    Tahiti.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 137
  • Ferrari 1.jpg
    Ferrari 1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 124
  • Porsche.jpg
    Porsche.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

D.Oliver

Bob, I had a similar experience with my mug. I had been hanging around the post office for a few days waiting for it to arrive when, on the third day, the post master told me she had some bad news. She said that bandits had hit the stagecoach. I was distraught. But after reading Bobs post, I thought there still might be hope. So for the last three days I have been wondering through the frozen tundra that is South Dakota in the winter time. Just this morning I happened upon the stagecoaches' burnt remains. There wasn't much left. As my heart sank I sat down on a rock to throw myself a little pity party..........and that's when I spotted it. 25 feet away poking out of a snow bank was a cardboard box that was about the right size.

IMG_0038 (800x600).jpg

As I ran over to it, I could see the box was in bad shape. It was partially burned.

IMG_0039 (800x600).jpg

It had what looked to be several bullet holes through it.

IMG_0040 (800x600).jpg

But I kept my hopes up. After all Bob's cup had survived. Sure enough, there was IAP return address. This was my cup. I ripped the burnt box open and low and behold, inside rested a unscathed mug and a business card. I pulled the card out for a closer look.

IMG_0041 (800x600).jpg

Then I seen there was some writing on the back. Haven't been able to quit laughing since.

IMG_0042 (800x600).jpg

Last edited:

stonepecker

Thanks Jeff,
My numbered mug and shirt arrived in perfect condition. I guess my carriers think more of me and my mail then some people. Damn I am lucky.

Wayne

Top Bottom