Cheer IAP Shout Out in WoodNWhimsies Newsletter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

plano_harry

Tim Nicholas at Wood-N-Whimsies | Page 1 of 1 put a great recommendation for IAP in his newsletter 4/4/14. I thought it clearly states what we all love about the site. I have had nothing but great service from them. In case you missed it,

[FONT=&quot]I probably get at least two phone calls a day and as many as six with folks wanting to know how to do or make something that they saw at a craft show or somewhere on the internet. I try my best to answer their questions to the best of my ability. Sometimes I just do not know the answer and have to look it up for myself. I have been turning wood and other materials on the lathe now for over thirteen years and I still learn something new almost every day.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot] I know that some of you are aware of a forum on the internet called The International Association of Penturners (IAP). For anyone not knowing about this website you have to check it out and sign up for a membership. The cost is free (you can make a donation though to help keep it going) and you will have an absolute wealth of information at your fingertips.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot] If it can be done, someone on the IAP has done it and has shared their knowledge with the world, or someone can tell you where to find the answer to your dilemma. All you have to do is search the topic you want to research and it's there for the looking (usually).[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot] The IAP is not a place to ask legal or ethics questions. Beware of the Sea Lawyers out there. That's what we called the folks in the Navy who were bursting with legal advice but in the end were usually just full of hot air and no idea of what they were speaking about.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot] If there is something new that you have come up with and would like to get your name out as the first to do it, then the IAP welcomes articles written by it's members to post in their vast library. I have gotten a lot of ideas from their library and enjoy the challenges of some of the more tricky projects. I have done herring bone blanks which I learned to do from an article on the IAP, talk about a challenge! Oh, but what fun it was and how great it turned out in the end. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot] Their are lots of IAP local groups around the country who meet several times a year to swap ideas and just have a good time. Check them out via the IAP to find groups that may be in your area. They would love to have you join in with them to talk turning.[/FONT][/FONT]

TonyL

They are very nice folks. I have bought from them at least 3 times in the last 4 weeks. Their prices and delivery are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom