IAP Blank Exchange #1 - Working Thread

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Josh Gertz

keithlong

Worthless Blanks

Hey Everyone,
I got my blanks from mikemcm1956. There were five of them and i decided to make a couple of wall streets IIs, The one on the left is crabapple and the other one is red bud. Thanks mike, great blanks.

pens022.jpg

the photo does not do them justice. The finish is BLO/Ca, 6 coats then a coat of friction polish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skywizzard

here are the blanks from wendell (AKA skywizzard) dude, you went way overboard. i wish the quality of my turning matched the quality of the blanks you sent. the firse is a crabapple, second is stabilized maple burl, both on black Ti kits from exotic blanks. third is a home brew called cotton candy. my niece already owns that one. women at work loved the color. the fourth, an elegant black/platinum Ti, was a surprise. a piece of olive burl. darn thing exploded on the lathe when i caught a piece of twisty wood. i almost gave up but i'm glad i gave it a second chance. friends say there is a spirit in that blank. several actualy. on one side it looks like a bearded man with a robe, on the other side there is a birds head or a wolf, depending on which way you look at it. coolest blank i ever turned. wendell, saying thanks just doesn't seem enough, but, thanks............bear

Great Job Bear!
I hope I can do as well with my blanks from Ron (rej19). My children & grandchildren have been visiting this week and I haven't had time to do any turning. Hopefully next week I can get some photos posted.

MikeMcM1956

Hey Everyone,
I got my blanks from mikemcm1956. There were five of them and i decided to make a couple of wall streets IIs, The one on the left is crabapple and the other one is red bud. Thanks mike, great blanks.

pens022.jpg

the photo does not do them justice. The finish is BLO/Ca, 6 coats then a coat of friction polish

Keith,

Gald you enjoyed them, keep on turnin' :biggrin:....

Mike

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Received my blanks from mikemac, he does not know how to count. 10 burls does not equal 3 blanks. OK, maybe he can count but did not care. Thanks for the nice blanks, I hope I can to them justice. In the process of building new shop and garage so might be awhile before I can turn anything new.

fyrcaptn

The mail lady left mine today - and a nasty note saying some people put too much in a flat rate box!! (j/k about that part)
Gouletpens - wow what a box full. Some of this some of that and some I've never tried but am dying to!
Got to get reading on a few I'm not sure how best to do... I"ve admired acrylics but never turned any - and there are lots of y'all doing phenominal stuff with them, and posting the best how-to's on the net I'm sure.
Thank you sir

ElMostro

OK, I just got back from vacation (had a great time with the family) and I jsut received back the blanks I mailed to Keithkarl2007 - IRE - . The package made it to California and was "un-deliverable" so it was returned...I thought Ireland was the oter way...? Anyway, Keith if you read this please send me your address again to make sure I got it right and I will make an electronic UPC shipping label. Maybe it was the BIG RED leters saying Ireland what threw the USPS off (IRELAND...CALIFORNIA...they both have an A and an I so I can see how easy it is to get confused)

Keith, you will get your blanks so not to worry, sorry for the delay.
Eugene

Crayman

I, chose the King palm for the great blanks djz9 sent, this is also the first picture I have posted, which does not show the beauty and depth of the fiber pattern.

Attachments

• Palm JRg.jpg
    Palm JRg.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 133
Top Bottom