IAP 2009 BIRTHDAY BASH TRIVIA CONTEST-8 FEB QUESTION

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
A GLITCH????

Ed, he has to use rounding off since the suppliers can't seem to agree on what the top speed is.

I was hoping to catch ol Randy on that technicality!!!

But they appear to have no "way out of the ballpark" figures - so he seems to be on as firm a ground as he ever is!! (the "slow-sand" he stands on)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkHix

Randy that's not what Mark was saying about your Mom in SOYP last nite.

Something about combat boots as I recall.. size 13... doh

Gosh, some people will say anyting to win! and besides, it was a metric 13 that, according to the North American CSaD scale, shows that she has beautiful feet.

The actual comment was "the lines of that pen are as delicate as Randy's mom's toes".

dntrost

The prizes you will be competing for today are:

Package of antler and 3 gold Baron kits. Donated by dntrost (Dion)

and

Envelope of misc. blanks. Donated by Nolan.

I win I win Doh!

Does this mean I have to send the winner this? So I lose again!

bobskio2003

Is this on a lathe where the bearings work or not? How about if the drive belt is broken? Is it in the northern or southern hemisphere? So many variables, it's anybody's guess. Oh wait Randy already guessed on one before. Maybe all we need to do is pick a number between one and one trillion?

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
If you were to run a Jet Mini non-VS lathe at its top speed for one hour per day for an entire non-leap year, how many revolutions would the spindle make? (Round off your answer to the closest million.)

"Rounding" at 30%+???????? I hope you don't do taxes!!!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Oh Boy!!!!!!!!! Not the sharpest tool in the box are you Ed?

Thank God Dawn does Pro-Copy's taxes or you would be in jail by now:biggrin:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Thats easy, the bearings will give up in 4 months and then you are down for 6 weeks, and then you go on vacation times the number of dogs you have and the answer is..........A dollar three twenty. Double checked and bought a round.

chuybregts

Make sure you didn't copy a space before or after the address because mine went through.

Still no luck, maybe gmail is on their spam list?

Here's the error:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 5.1.1 <trivia@penturners.org>... User unknown (state 14).

The submissions for the other 7 days have gone through fine... I claim shenanigans :p

Randy_

OK, just made the necessary changes and ran a test and everything seems to back in order.

If someone still has a problem, please email me ASAP. I'll be up for another hour or so.

Thanks.

emackrell

Randy, I'm still getting kickbacks fm the trivia address.....

and it's a bit worrisome 'cause I KNOW I'm sending in the winning entry!

cheers Eileen

GaryMadore

Randy, I'm still getting kickbacks fm the trivia address.....

and it's a bit worrisome 'cause I KNOW I'm sending in the winning entry!

cheers Eileen

Eileen,

Do you want me to try to submit an entry on your behalf? I sent mine in long ago, so there's no chance that I'll be stealing your answer :)

Let me know,

Cheers!

Gary (Afghanistan '07)

Randy_

Eileen: Far as I know, the only way you could be having trouble is if you are trying to enter the "OLD" email address manually in your email. (Note: The "OLD" email addy..... trivia@penturners.org has been killed and will no longer work.) I have thoroughly tested the system and it seems to be working the way it is supposed to. There have been a number of successful entries to the contest since the corrections were made to the system and I have personally sent several test entries from the contest thread as well as directly from my personal email account and they have all worked properly.

Try it again and see what happens.

emackrell

well no wonder it wouldn't go through ...

Eileen: Far as I know, the only way you could be having trouble is if you are trying to enter the "OLD" email address manually in your email.

....... which is of course exactly what I was doing.

Problem fixed, and the undoubtedly-winning entry has been sent in! Thanks for the assist.

cheers Eileen

Skye

Am I the only one who keeps forgetting to put his name on the dang email? (not that mine's not obvious or anything)

[size=+2]I"VE BEEN SENDING THEM TO THE OLD ADDRESS!!!![/size]

That's an important note considering how many softwares have an autofill feature!

Just resent mine if it's not too late.

Last edited:

Daniel

My best guess is that there is one Trivia Meister with a lot of e-mails.
Actually I can't believe I missed this one. I think it is the only question I have not sent an answer in for. Guess I was busier yesterday that even I thought I was. I know I was busy but that is almost comittable.

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Good to see Eileen having some fun --- Bagdad must be quiet tonight ----uh, toDAY ----let's see 5AM on the east coast ------- mid-afternoon?????

Stay safe!!

Top Bottom