IAP 2009 BIRTHDAY BASH TRIVIA CONTEST-10 FEB QUESTION

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dntrost

Welcome
to the tenth day of this year's
IAP TRIVIA CONTEST !!!

OK the rules change slightly now that the new kid is in town (well not really) I will be posting the questions early (since I work for a living at a real job), you will still have until noon ET of the following day to email your answer for the contest question. Please be sure to include your IAP screen name with your answer so we know who you are.​

All entries "postmarked" before noon ET of the contest closing day will be placed in a hat(electronic hat, actually) and two winners selected. Winners will be the first two entries selected at random that are valid and have the correct answer to the contest question. The winners will be announced on contest closing day at 8 P.M. ET (or thereabouts as the TriviaMeister's schedule permits:wink:) and the decision of the TriviaMeister will be final.

To email your answer:..............CLICK HERE
or
(For those who need to enter an email address manually, copy/paste: 747trivia2@penturners.org and DELETE the three leading numerical characters.)

Please show the date and name of the contest in the subject line of your email entry i.e., 10 FEB Trivia. You can copy/paste the preceeding. (This saves time for the TriviaMeister in processing entries.) Also be sure to include your screen name with your answer!!​

The prizes you will be competing for today are:​

Tasmanian wood collection, consisting of (1) ea, Fiddleback Blackwood, Leatherwood burl, Rose Myrtle burl, White top burl, Eucalyptus burl. 5 total, est value 20.00. All are at least 7/8" sq x 5-1/4 long. US shipping inc. Donated by Bad Dogs Burl Source.

and

One flat rate envelope of blanks. Donated by Sparhawk.

!!!!!***HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK***!!!!!

OK the new kid is in town and I don't take no crap off anyone! But I can sure dish it out or at least that is what LOML says :biggrin: But I will start off easy for those that might have been a little slow getting some of Randy's questions….

Question for day 10.....​

The story below contains acronyms commonly used in posts on IAP. You need to identify ALL of the acronyms and spell them out (what they stand for).

Yesterday I made a FP out of BOW that I bought from BB. I finished it with CA. LOML really liked it and decided it was now hers. IMHO I would not show all of your pens to SWMBO if you want to be able to sell any of your pens DAMHIKT

There are some IAP members who, for one reason or another, need to enter email addresses manually using a copy/paste and now that the email address is hidden, they have a problem. To resolve this issue, here is the new Trivia Contest email address with some camouflage to hide it from the spammers: 747trivia2@penturners.org . You can copy/paste this address into your email address line and delete the three leading numerical characters and your email will go where it is supposed to.
Email your answer to:....................CLICK HERE

Please show the date and name of the contest in the subject line of your email entry i.e., 10 FEB Trivia. You can copy/paste the preceeding. (This saves time for the TriviaMeister in processing entries.) Also be sure to include your screen name with your answer!!​

Note: "Laundry list" entries that include several possible alternative answers are "NOT" acceptable. Submit only one answer per question or question part(if there is a multi-part question) unless the question specifically asks for multiple answers. Thanks.​

The TriviaMeisters have decided there will be "NO" limit on the number of times any one person can win a prize. If you know your stuff and are lucky in the draw, you could win as many as 28 prizes!!!:wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dntrost

ALSO anyone who makes fun of my three legged dog posted below my signature will be disqualified......:mad:

Tiny is our baby and you could get in big trouble from the boss should you make fun of her! :eek:

rick_lindsey

could you have the email address spelled out as well as the "CLICK HERE" mailto link? thankfully I hovered over the CLICK HERE to see what the address was, and saw that it's changed (doh!). The mailto doesn't work for everyone. (Especially us linux users who don't have a mail client set up)

-Rick

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
You may want to post the new email address for those that do not use Outlook. The link does not work with all computers. Great way to start Dion, trying to keep me out of the contest, Psherman probably put you up to it didn't he....LOL

EDIT---See, I'm a minute late again, I got no chance here.:biggrin:

Daniel

I'm Gonna like you Dion. no more waiting around for hours and hours and hours. A Meister that is at the computer before I am. now I am impressed.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I have made the click work on my computer. I went to the tools button, then to interent options, then programs, and then changed the email setting to the forum that I use. This may or may not work for the rest of you that are having trouble.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
OK, I got this one. Listen carefully. :wink:

FP - eff pee

BOW - bee owe double you

:glasses-nerdy::rotfl:

WHERE did eff pee?????

Were there witnesses?

Was it Faint or more like a Fountain?

Enquiring minds NEED to know these things!!!

(This Dion guy gets up PRETTY EARLY in the MORNING!!! Spose he'll name winners early too??? I could do the prizes before I go home?? - Only the SHADOW knows!! But I will find out in the next couple days.)

Skye

Man, I saw this question and at first I was all "OMG, has Randy run out of good questions already?" so I hoped on my PC and tried to Google the answers. Apparently my POS excuse for a local ISP was going through some kind of outage problem. No idea WTF their problem was, but I said screw it and went to the local coffee house. Wi-Fi and a laptop FTW! While I was there I bought a Grande Mocha Late for the LOML and was told it was over $5! I wanted to tell him to GTFO but I figured that wouldn't be PC. With 3 bucks in my pocket I figured I was FUBAR'd but right behind me was an ATM. Oh, and FYI, if you bank with BOA, be prepared for a hefty fee using their machine! DAMHIKT!

So, finally back in the car I turn on the AC, throw in my CD (my radio can't read MP3s) of EODM pop the AT in D and was gone.

Hopefully everyone reading this will be like "ROFLMAO!" but YMMV.

Last edited:

Pen Maker

I was hoping HE DID! Then I could say, WHY YES, Yes I DO KNOW JACK Schmitt! Ron, if your still looking in here.... Lie if You HAVE TO!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I believe entries are closed.

I bet a bunch will miss this:
Yesterday I made a FP out of BOW that I bought from BB. I finished it with CA. LOML really liked it and decided it was now hers. IMHO I would not show all of your pens to SWMBO if you want to be able to sell any of your pens DAMHIKT

1) I = Dion
2) FP=
3) BOW=
4) I = Dion, again

Too bad I can't win - I expect I could eliminate everyone on that little "technicality"!!

Pen Maker

1) I = Dion
2) FP= Funky Picture
3) BOW=Broken Old Window
4) I = Dion, again
5) BB = Boston Burburry's
6) CA= Christmas Apples
7) LOML= Lady Overt My Lumberyard
8) IMHO = I Might Have Omitted
9) SWMBO = See When Might Be Obsconded
10) DAMHIKT = Don't All Male Humans Hear I Keep Them

Me EITHER !!! ??? Why ????

Pen Maker

Yes but (I) was already established ! dohhhhh.....

And remember boys and girls... There is no TEAM in RANDY !!!!

Top Bottom