I would really like to turn something! Grr...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NotURMailman

But, the temperature is killing me. Not that I am not willing to work in the shop when it is cold. But since I am currently turning only wood and all with brass tubes I don't want to turn any more crack infested firewood. I store my wood in the house, seems that when I take it out in the cold and make a pen and then bring the pen inside, 60% of them are cracked by the next morning. So annoyed...

They are claiming temp in the 80s later this week. If that's true I'll be back in business. If not, I'll continue to whine about it. LOL!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I didn't think that they even knew what 'cold' meant in Florida!!
Isn't that where all the old rich folks with aching old bones live? :biggrin:
( I'm certainly not rich, but otherwise I qualify!! :rolleyes:)

NotURMailman

All of the rich retired people get the choice to move to Southern Florida. Northern Florida is just strange weather wise. It's gone between 80s and 50s for the highs and 50s and 30s for the lows three times this "winter".

Even the trees are confused, they keep dropping pollen evrywhere every two weeks.

reiddog1

Wow. I never heard of that one. I lived in Orange Park / Jacksonville for 15 years and now in New Orleans. The weather is basically the same with NOLA being more humid. I've been turning wood pens all winter with no problem whatsoever. I remember getting my hands on some wood that in a day or so started cracking and got worse over a week or so. Look at the species that you are turning and maybe try some other kind of wood. Sorry man, I got nothing else for ya. I'm perplexed!!

For what it's worth,

Dave

76winger

Well on a good note, it would only take a couple of cheap space heaters to keep the shop warm down it Florida. I installed a 65k BTU furnance in mine to warm it up on cold Indiana winter days and evenings. Can't imagine what the northerners need!

panamag8or

All of the rich retired people get the choice to move to Southern Florida. Northern Florida is just strange weather wise. It's gone between 80s and 50s for the highs and 50s and 30s for the lows three times this "winter".

Even the trees are confused, they keep dropping pollen evrywhere every two weeks.

Yeah, azaleas are blooming all over my neighborhood... in January!

Haynie

I didn't think that they even knew what 'cold' meant in Florida!!
Isn't that where all the old rich folks with aching old bones live? :biggrin:
( I'm certainly not rich, but otherwise I qualify!! :rolleyes:)

Nah, the aching old bones are in Phoenix, AZ. They get out of the humidity.

ElMostro

Yea, I know what you mean. This weather is killing me too, today I had to have the AC running in the shop to make it bearable....geeshhhh.

Top Bottom