I would like to get into casting but....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

studioseven

Hi all,
I am interested in creating my own pen blanks using either polyester resins or aluminite. Where is a good place to purchase equipment. There were some great videos on You Tube by a turner named "The Pen Wizard" using molds called Mystical Molds. Unfortunately, their web site is no longer active and I haven't been able to find any other reference to them. Anyone care to suggest where to go? I appreciate all the help.

Studio Seven

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Welcome, glad your diving in. If you buy from a local store check the dates, a lot of that stuff sits on the shelf is old and out of date and is not the best to learn on. Fresh is better. If you tour the Library at the top of the page you will find lots answers and probably more questions. There are a couple of mold makers here on IAP. You could post asking they contact you by pm or email. According to the rules they cannot post "I make or sell them" in a thread.

robutacion

Welcome, glad your diving in. If you buy from a local store check the dates, a lot of that stuff sits on the shelf is old and out of date and is not the best to learn on. Fresh is better. If you tour the Library at the top of the page you will find lots answers and probably more questions. There are a couple of mold makers here on IAP. You could post asking they contact you by pm or email. According to the rules they cannot post "I make or sell them" in a thread.

Well, not exactly...!

If you register as a vendor on IAP, you can say whatever you like, in regards to that issue...!:wink::biggrin:

Do you know, how big of a smile that puts in my face, saying this...?:biggrin:

Was a long waiting time...!:)

Cheers
George

Jim Burr

Banned
Make 'em. Corrugated sign board and a hot glue gun. Easy to make whatever size whatever time...perfect for WW blanks.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
George As a vendor you can say it in your vendor forum in the market place forums but not in the public forums where this is posted.

Mike Powell

There is a great starter kit on Woodnwhimisies. That's where I got the beginning of it. Then to PTtownstubbie for a couple of resin savers. I haven't found resin any cheaper then woodnwhimsies.

With the starter kit, I made 3 molds that came with the kit and I have a little extra, a gallon on the way now.

Top Bottom