I wish I could say I made these....but another forum member made them for me.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from nick 55

nick 55

I wish I had the equipment and talent to make these, but alas, I don't. I found Scott, AKA SDB777 on another forum and contacted him about making some pens for me to give to my wife(an accountant) for her office. He was very pleasant to talk to, and we discussed all sorts of options. I decided to look at Bad Dog Burls for some really unusual blanks to send him, and found 5 I really liked. I decided on a pair of Amboyna, and one each of Black Ash, Hard maple, and Masur Birch burls. I sent them off to Scott along with my payment and here are the teaser photos he sent me of 2 he made. I decided to have him make three, a pair of Amboyna, and the Black Ash, and he could keep the rest of the blanks. I just got word last night that my pens shipped so I can't wait to see them in person. He even said he threw in a neat looking bottle stop also. I hope everyone likes them and I can truly say Scott is a great guy to deal with.

Nick

Attachments

• pens2.jpg
    pens2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 193
  • pens6.jpg
    pens6.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 147
  • pens3.jpg
    pens3.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 185
  • pens7.jpg
    pens7.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 142
  • pens.jpg
    pens.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 151
  • pens5.jpg
    pens5.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 128
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

Cool looking pens. I like all of them, but my favorite is the one in the middle. Based on the blanks you bought, I'm guessing that's amboyna.

nick 55

Yes, the darker wood is Amboyna. The pics got mixed up as I was attaching them and these pics are of just two of the three pens he made for me. The lighter colored pen is the Black Ash.

Thanks for the comments. I am happy with them and Scott should be too. He does great work.

Nick

SDB777

Wow, you keep taking like that and my head won't fit through the door frames in my house:biggrin:

Was a pleasure to make these for you and your wife. May you have many years of great writting from them.

Scott (humbled almost speechless) B

Top Bottom