I was only a few more minutes away...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Scott, I got hit with some Cocobolo dust, it had no effect on my skin, nor do any other of the Dalbergia family, and Rosewoods are notorious for respiratory problems and Dermatitis.
So far the only wood that has caused me any problems was the Coco I thought I had the Flu, my lungs felt like I had snorted Cayenne pepper.
I do have a Dust Deputy Cyclonic dust separator with a large mouth which seems to catch a big part of what ultra fine dust from sanding and it's hooked to a Big Shop Vac, and being a financially challenged individual I was forced to cheap out, and get a pretty decent respirator for 45.00 and change, but when I'm turning Ash,Sapele or now Yellow Birch for tool handles I don't use the respirator, just when doing Cocobolo.
I've turned several pens with Marblewood and I did have one piece that smelled like a gym sock, Not as bad as Sourwood or any thing just an unpleasant odor, I hope you bounce back fast.

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
After this I went out to the shop and finished the final connections to my new dust collector! Hope all is well now by now Scott! Take care of yourself!

Top Bottom