I Voted-I feel good---

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

yep and yep. The only regret I have is not being able to have a choice in several local races

Jim Smith

I was so anxious that my wife and I voted early last week. This is very possibly the most important mid-term election in my lifetime (I'm 60) and I sure hope that everyone understands the issues and what's truely at stake so that they will take the time to get out and vote.

Jim Smith

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Just a reminder to keep this away from a discussion of politics...

But it's a good message - go and exercise your democratic right to vote, so that you then have the ethical right to complain if things don't go your way - democracy at it's finest! :)

SonOfMartin

I voted at 7:05 this morning. Stood in line with about 100 other folks wanting to get their vote in.

Son #1 voted via mail (He's off in grad school in Boston).

#2 votes tonight (he's in college local enough to come home and vote and have dinner with us).

BUT - most importantly - my wife gets to vote for the first time in her life. She became an American Citizen last March and this morning woke up and said "I sure hope my candidate understands how important they are - they get my first vote ever!"

I'm proud of her. She's excited.

alphageek

Former Moderator
I feel so good... I voted twice!! :eek::biggrin::biggrin:

(Yes, Ed.... I'm an underachiever...:wink:)

So as long as you vote once for each side, you then have the ethical right to complain about everyone :) Oh, wait.. there is independants too!:confused: :biggrin::biggrin:

Sorry... Seeing that and Andrews post tied it together.

I almost posted what Andrew said too... Thanks to all who keep this about advocating to vote and not about politics. Thus the reason that I won't tell if I'm happy or not.

Parson

The wife and I voted this morning. I sure am hoping the country is run better than ever before after today! (I don't think that's a political statement, and if it is, I can't imagine anyone disagreeing with me!)

Padre

LOML and I just got back from voting.

Something about voting just makes me feel GOOD:biggrin:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I hope you don't find this political, it is true and sad.

I read all the crap that was delivered to my door about my local rep race (neither mentions which party they are representing). I don't know what EITHER WILL do, if elected. All I know is both of them have told me what's WRONG with the creep who's running against them...

Sure wish ONE would tell me WHY he is running---EITHER one!!!!

We will vote, sometime in the next three hours. (15 mile trip to the polls--need to plan where to feed the horses!!)

monophoto

Voting gives each of us the right to make bad decisions. But the option is much worse - if we don't vote, we have no right to complain about the jerks who get elected.

Wife and I voted late this afternoon.

GaryMGg

I voted on the way to work this morning. Judy voted this afternoon.
We're very politically active locally.
I can't say there were all good choices --
too many candidates on both sides have no ethics, no credibility, and fail the trustworthy test.

ctubbs

When a word's def is not understood, break it down into it's parts. Pollytics (sp?) polly= many, a large number; tics= blood sucking insects. Rest my case.

Yes I have the right to gripe as of 6:07 am CDT.
Charles

Russianwolf

voted before I left for SE Asia.

I get to complain regardless. My family has served in the military each and every generation since before there was a USofA. We've paid for that right many times over.

It's a pain in the butt to get educated on the candidates these days. As mentioned they spend more time telling you why the other guy is wrong and not enough on what they represent.

I was handed a nice flyer by a candidate. Listed as one of the things he wanted to "bring back" was Fiscal responsibility. The flyer was a nice high gloss, heavy card stock printing with full color. I sat there thinking, he could have carried the same message on a B&W (or at the most RW&B) regular paper stock and not spent so much of his supporters campaign contributions on it. Is that the kind of Fiscal responsibility that he represents? Would those funds have been better spent elsewhere in the campaign? Who knows.

tbroye

I voted and now I am crying. Time to move on. and to top it all off I have jury duty tomorrow. He wouldn't be in court if he wasn't guilty.

Last edited:

phillywood

I, didn't. BTW, who are these candidates before this elections? All you hear is that what he other guy is doing wring and nothing about what they are going to do.
Oh, whether i complain or not it won't get anywhere anyhow. I did vote in the past and see where we are now. Only God knows what goes on in their head after they get elected.

traderdon55

With it raining all day I really did not want to get out of the house but my wife and I made the trip to town to vote anyway. With most of the people running and all of the negative ads I feel like I am voting for the lesser of two evils.

SDB777

Just a reminder to keep this away from a discussion of politics...

But it's a good message - go and exercise your democratic right to vote, so that you then have the ethical right to complain if things don't go your way - democracy at it's finest! :)

Did they give us the Right to Vote?

Actually there is no Constitutional Right to vote, just Amendment to not discriminate who can vote(Amendment #15, #19, and #26 cover this).

But I digress.... I voted, my guy won. Business as usual will still prevail I'm afraid.

Let's make some pens!!! Woohoo!!!

Scott (love my country regardless) B

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North

Actually there is no Constitutional Right to vote, just Amendment to not discriminate who can vote(Amendment #15, #19, and #26 cover this).

That's interesting, I never knew that...

Our Charter of Rights and Freedoms gives us the Right to vote - I didn't realize there was a difference (however semantical) compared to yours...I should have, since we're very different countries, but it never occurred to me! :)

I learned something today - good day for me!

BigguyZ

I voted around 4:30 last night. I was only the 221st person to vote in my disctrict (which is in MPLS, there's a lot of people). Kinda sad that so few people vote.

Then again, in my area I doubt most would vote for the candidate I did, so maybe it's all for the best. :biggrin:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager

Our Charter of Rights and Freedoms gives us the Right to vote - I didn't realize there was a difference (however semantical) compared to yours...I should have, since we're very different countries, but it never occurred to me! :)

Yes, it is, Andrew!!! You will hear people say you can become very smart if you learn one thing each day!!!

(What they don't tell you is, as you grow older, you forget THREE things each day----so better accelerate the ol "input" before the "output" starts!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:)

OKLAHOMAN

Yes, it is, Andrew!!! You will hear people say you can become very smart if you learn one thing each day!!!

(What they don't tell you is, as you grow older, you forget THREE things each day----so better accelerate the ol "input" before the "output" starts!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:)

Crap I forgot what I was thinking I was going to type...

tbroye

Kings and Giants won on Monday. The sun came up this morning, I am vertical and I was excused from Jury Duty. Still a pretty good week. What states offer political asylum?:usflag:

alphageek

Former Moderator
Kings and Giants won on Monday. The sun came up this morning, I am vertical and I was excused from Jury Duty. Still a pretty good week. What states offer political asylum?:usflag:

You could move to the REAL dairy state! :biggrin: Of course the only asylum that I know of is the insanity kind.:eek::eek:

workinforwood

I did not vote..I've never voted in my life, but it's always because of circumstance, not because I didn't want to. Next time I should be a citizen so I can vote. I was very pleased to see how many people did vote. Turn out was great. Regardless the fact that you might not agree with who I want to be in charge, I am cool with that and respect your vote. I was very surprised by some of the outcomes too. I never would have thought the midwest would go red, especially Michigan! I wanted it to, and like everyone else here, I can't know if this will be a good thing or not, but I like the idea of trying a new direction and seeing what happens.

Top Bottom