I THOUGHT HE WAS IN CANADA!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fleabit

Ok. WHO shipped Murphy back to the States!? Had the day off and went out to the shop and it started. Two pens that I had already finished had to be redone when I found I had forgotten to trim one end of four different barrels. Trim, resand (since the parts didnt fit now), refinish! Ok...all done. Now since I was in the shop I would start on two laminated pens for customers. Pen one: squaring up the face caused a catch and BLAM!...delamination. Oh well, glue it back up and let it set. Pen 2: 3/4 of the way to completion and my chisel starts jumping. Resharpen...still jumping. Layed my hand on the headstock of my Shopsmith.....WOW! HOT! Go to oil it and find that I have sheard a retainer.....75.00 dollars in damage and a week downtime! Not done! He was having fun! Went to assemble the pencil that I had redone earlier....stuck the centerband in the wrong end....tweaked it...got things to mate up....squeezed the parts togather...........mmmmm the clip is on the table!! DOH!! Went downstairs..found the handgun and preceded to chase Murphy all over the house!!! I have since filed a vandalism charge with the local and state police!!

If you find or see Murphy....PLEASE SHOOT ON SIGHT!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jkirkb94

That might explain why I am having trouble with a cigar pen that I made out of BOW. The two halves do not go all the way together!![:(] Have shaved down the mechanism and still no luck. As soon as I can take it apart I will shave down some of the inner parts in the top part of the pen. I'm not exactly sure what is doing it!? It has to be Murphy!! Kirk[8D]

woodscavenger

Snakebit! HAH! LMAOROFL! Good one. I am truly sorry for your run of Murphy luck, but I take great comfort in knowing he has left my shop. I think I am going to create an altar of purple heart or paduk and keep some incense lit.....think it will help ward off the evil spririts?

dougle40

I see that he found a new home , must have been too cold here for him (I'm glad) .
Maybe I'll try to get some pens turned tomorrow now that I know where he is !!! LOL

tipusnr

Scavenger...be careful you don't trade Murphy for Fireman Fred and the Hook & Ladder Boys! I generally stay away from smoke and flames in my woodshop!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom