I think there are some pipe makers around here too.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gimpy

Very interesting, I don't smoke anymore myself, but wouldn't mind trying to make one. Thank you for sharing

CREID

Very interesting, I don't smoke anymore myself, but wouldn't mind trying to make one. Thank you for sharing

I would like to try it too, but along with a thousand other things I would like to try. I like the way he made the stem, I was wondering what he was gonna do while I was watching the video. Glad you liked it. I try to broaden my horizons and want to share what I find. Maybe I will inspire someone, or maybe myself.:rolleyes:

mecompco

Pretty cool. Actually, an interest in making pipes is what got me started collecting tools and getting a lathe. I somehow got side tracked by pens. I should dig out the briar ebauchons I have and have a go at it ones of these days. I'm thinking I would go the more traditional route of a bowl with a stummel and turning an ebonite or acrylic stem.

I never thought about making the tobacco chamber that way--usually they are drilled with a spoon bit.

Regards,
Michael

CREID

Pretty cool. Actually, an interest in making pipes is what got me started collecting tools and getting a lathe. I somehow got side tracked by pens. I should dig out the briar ebauchons I have and have a go at it ones of these days. I'm thinking I would go the more traditional route of a bowl with a stummel and turning an ebonite or acrylic stem.

I never thought about making the tobacco chamber that way--usually they are drilled with a spoon bit.

Regards,
Michael
Remember, we will need pictures. :)

Top Bottom