I think the economy is improving a little.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Wood Butcher

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
I'm seeing more interest in buying than in the past, hopefully it's not just a flash in the pan. Here are a few recents. Tried something different with the corncob. I got it from the field and shelled it then let it dry for a few weeks. I turned it to final size, sanded to 320 tehn stained it with General Finishes Candlelight wood stain. I let that dry overnight and thn applied many many coats of thin then medium CA and MM through all of the range. I attached the Corian and pickguard after the end blew up......design modification. Comments?

Attachments

• Civil War pens and box 2 001-1.JPG
    Civil War pens and box 2 001-1.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 219
  • Civil War pens ans box 001.jpg
    Civil War pens ans box 001.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 216
  • Stained Cob and Corian pen 001-1.JPG
    Stained Cob and Corian pen 001-1.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 237
  • Baseball pen 001-1.JPG
    Baseball pen 001-1.JPG
    190.3 KB · Views: 209
  • Football pen 001.jpg
    Football pen 001.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Dang Bill, those are some fine looking pens. I really love the civil war pens and box. Also looks like you got the baseball and football perfected:).

Old Lar

Those are all very nice pens. The same thing has happened to me on corn cobs. (and little pine cones) Tell everyone that is part of the planned design.

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks guys. The gentleman bought this for his stepson and almost cried whem he saw the completed product. It is always rewarding and validating to have someone appreciate your talent and effort so this was a special moment. He bought a golfball pen too and we had about 45 minutes of enjoyable conversation. He's 64 (much younger than I) and a really interesting fellow. Man, I love this hobby for the fun doing it and the relationships that have developed from it. BTW, I had Bryan at WoodTurningz do the name engraving on the box in a special font and he did a superb job for $4, hard to beat when they are 2 miles from me.
WB

Top Bottom