I remember how to turn wood--Spalted Apple

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hunter-27

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Spalted Apple

Not sure about the plating/blank combo but I like it better now than I did 10 minutes ago. Guess it grows on ya.

Attachments

• Spalted apple 00002a.jpg
    Spalted apple 00002a.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 414
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

Man that sux !!!! :eek::tongue::biggrin:

Just kidding Landon , it looks great .
Welcome to the New IAP :biggrin: tons of views and 2 or three comments . I've kinda given up posting pens anymore , If I'm shooting a photo for my site or catalog I'll post a pic but most go unposted now a days .

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
thanks, I appreciate it. Been awhile since I've actually made a pen from other than JohnU blanks or some other acrylic. I just wanted everyone to know I still knew how to turn wood. :wink:

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Yeah Landon, I've seen a lot of pens posted lately and that is, without a doubt, definitely, one of them.:tongue:

Seriously, the pen looks great. You can still turn fine wood into a fine pen better than most!:biggrin:

Pioneerpens

Landon, pen looks great...I like the wood/kit combo too...
I don't know whats up with all the views and no comments either...you see it with everybody who posts a pen these days...or most anyway...keep posting anyway, it's always nice to see good work!

Bree

Love the apple pens and yours is right up there at the top! I have one on front of me right now on my desk and I use it every day.
:):):)

dankc908

If that combo bothers you I would be delighted to take the pen off your hands. BTW - did I ever tell you that I lived in Chadron in 1978 for about 8 months?

Dan

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Landon, pen looks great...I like the wood/kit combo too...
I don't know whats up with all the views and no comments either...you see it with everybody who posts a pen these days...or most anyway...keep posting anyway, it's always nice to see good work!

As long as folks are looking I guess it is great. Every now and then it is good to get your ego stroked a bit with some nice comments. Thanks to those who do that. There are a few out there who make that "jaw dropping" stuff and deserve much more attention than me but like I said it feels good to have a bone thrown your way on occasion. :)

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
If that combo bothers you I would be delighted to take the pen off your hands. BTW - did I ever tell you that I lived in Chadron in 1978 for about 8 months?

Dan

Most don't even know where Nebraska is much less Chadron. I moved here in 1990, my wife has lived here all her life. I doubt much has changed, the people here seem to try and keep that from happening. :eek:

fishlux

I love apple. That one's great.

That looks like a copper finish. Maybe? I've done a few copper/apple pens, and I really like the look.

phillywood

As long as folks are looking I guess it is great. Every now and then it is good to get your ego stroked a bit with some nice comments. Thanks to those who do that. There are a few out there who make that "jaw dropping" stuff and deserve much more attention than me but like I said it feels good to have a bone thrown your way on occasion. :)

landon, here is the bone.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::tongue: Hey, guy, cheer up. your pen looks great and I think you haven't been afflicted by the aging yet (memory) and youdid a fine job in turning and choosing the blank for it too.
the other thing about looking and no comments is that some feel like if they writ e a comment then it would turn to a circus here, and that i think is the problem lately. Because, someone would always make a smarta$$ comments about what you say.
But, My skin is middle eastern and olivy look ,so it's preety thick at that i don't give........ about what some may say I critique with no problem here. You should be proud of the pen you made and I can't reach form TX to your state to give you pad on the back, but you can go under that apple tree and rub your back on a branch in the feel of me giving you a pad on the back. :tongue::biggrin:. If that pen hasn't grown on you, then you can send it to me and I'll send youpicture of it everyday for you to admire.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I'm guilty of some of those remarks you mention. I'd rather be told the pen is crappy than be ignored and assume it looks good. No biggie either, I cant say I comment on every pen I look at either so I'm guilty as can be there as well. TY to all who do comment faithfully. Going forward, everyone can feel free to comment, good or bad, on anything I post. I'm a big boy and can handle it.

Landon

Top Bottom