I promised Curtis, otherwise . . .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from davinci27

davinci27

I wouldn't post this. I've been sick for a bit and haven't had a chance to make any pens. This one has been sitting there waiting to get photographed, so I thought I would see if I couldn't ease back into the pens.

The blank is one of MesquiteMan's agarita root blanks. Beautiful blank, but i blew the top off of the closed end and had to replace it with something from around the shop.

You know that you are a skilled craftsman when you can blow up a blank using sandpaper. That's right the top survived the gouge and the skew but I killed it with some 180 grit sanding screen.

Attachments

• IMGP2341.jpg
    IMGP2341.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 296
  • IMGP2339.jpg
    IMGP2339.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Ben,

If the blank blew up becasue there was something bad about it, PLEASE let me know so I can send you a new one. Also, don't forget my completion guarantee...if you blow one up due to your own mistake, I will send you a coupon code good for haf off a replacement.

The pen looks great, btw. I beleive that is the first closed end Agarita that I have seen.

davinci27

Nope not the blanks fault just me getting eager with the sand paper. I can ruin the best of blanks :wink:

I had completely forgotten you half price guarantee. I've had so many people like this pen even with the mistake, that I'll defiantly be ordering some more. I'll shoot you a PM now.

Thanks

Ben,

If the blank blew up becasue there was something bad about it, PLEASE let me know so I can send you a new one. Also, don't forget my completion guarantee...if you blow one up due to your own mistake, I will send you a coupon code good for haf off a replacement.

The pen looks great, btw. I beleive that is the first closed end Agarita that I have seen.

Top Bottom