I need a decal / sticker made

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lyonsacc

My kids are on a local swim team in the summer. A member on our board (I am also on the board) who has been our official contact with the city is retiring. She swam on the team as a girl, coached as a young lady, and has worked for the city for over 28 years. So she has been involved with the team for, well, she won't say, but it has been most of her life.

I get to make her a pen. I have a Word document of the team's letterhead. Can someone create a sticker or water slide decal or whatever will work of the team logo from the letterhead document, and then slightly coach me on the best method to get the sticker/decal onto the pen so that it doesn't smear when I put a ca finish on it? I know there are a few different methods and stuff folks spray on the labels. I would like 4 or 5 stickers/decals so that I have enough to make a few mistakes. This will be on the body of a Jr. Gent II pen with the body made up of white PR. I will do the team colors for the cap.

I would be glad to pay for this or swap blanks or whatever works for you.

I would like to have the stickers on hand by the end of this month, so it is not that much of a time crunch.

Thanks for your help!

Dave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skeleton2014

Hey Dave,
I'll try and help you out since I used to swim and play water polo back in high school and college.
I can do the water slide decals. What I was thinking (and have done in the past) is one sheet (5.5"X8.5") of white decal paper and one sheet of clear decal paper with the logo in various sizes. I'll fix them with decal bonder and seal with Krylon Cover Maxx Crystal Clear Acrylic so that when you get it, all you have to do is cut out what you want and attach it to the tube. You'll have to ask someone about the CA as I normally cast my decals in PR and turn. What are the team colors? I might be able to also send you a couple of cast blanks with decals over colored carbon fiber. Let me know, I can definitely do the decal sheets this weekend.
Jeff

ottotroll

Hi...
I make my living as a PrePress Manager in a Label and Carton Printing Plant (Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop are my friends, lol) - If you send me the logo (before you send it to Jeff), and the diameter of the tube, I can set the art to the proper circumference of the tube to make more seamless appearance -
Thanks,
Richard

(Dave, I just realized we know eachother (I bought some blanks and picked them up from your office last year - I think you have my number still, lol)

Last edited:

lyonsacc

Hi...
I make my living as a PrePress Manager in a Label and Carton Printing Plant (Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop are my friends, lol) - If you send me the logo (before you send it to Jeff), and the diameter of the tube, I can set the art to the proper circumference of the tube to make more seamless appearance -
Thanks,
Richard

(Dave, I just realized we know eachother (I bought some blanks and picked them up from your office last year - I think you have my number still, lol)

Hey Richard,

Yes, I remember you well - I've only met a couple IAP folks. I hope those blanks worked out well for you.

Jeff is looking at the logo for me, so I think we've got things taken care of.

I'll post further if we need to figure something else out. Thanks for the offer!

Dave

bryceprusse

Sounds like Richard and Jeff have you taken care of with the decal.
One suggestion, if using wood use Holly or some type of white background. The clear decals will change colors, depending on the background.

lyonsacc

Thanks for all of the posts and PMs. Jeff (Skeleton) is making some for me. Really appreciate all of the help!!
Just one of the reasons the IAP is a GREAT place to be involved!

Dave

Top Bottom