I met Triple Crown

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glycerine

I had a chance to meet Greg (Triple Crown) and his youngest son Garret this weekend. Two wonderful gentlemen. They came out to my place and we spent a few hours in the shop... talking shop! They showed off some of their pens, I showed off some of mine. They have some really great looking pens! And Greg had some really nice "winnings" he received from another IAP member. I'll admit, I was jealous!
It was nice to meet another IAP member, I've only met one other in person. To all you "DMV" folks, we need to do more "local gatherings"!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Triple Crown

It was really nice getting to meet Jeremy and visit his nice shop! He has a wonderful family and my son really enjoyed both playing with his daughters and talking shop with the dads. I like how Jeremy has a station in his shop set up for his kids to do their play woodworking (Fischer Price type of workbench with play tools...). Reminds me of when mine were that young and kept busy making pretend things. Jeremy has some good stuff in the making and his pens are really beautiful! We're going to have him over to our shop sometime next month. I agree with Jeremy, it would be nice to meet some others too and share about our work and techniques in person.

P.S. I need to take a picture of my prize box from Eric (Buzzzz4) winning the random drawing from the hat for the Modified/Frankenpen contest! It's really great! :biggrin: I'll post it on the show off your winnings thread.

Last edited:

wiset1

Yeah, I live like 35 minutes away from you Jeremy on Fort Belvoir just south of Oakton. I'll have to make my way over one of these days when the travel from work slows down. I have a week at home before I'm out the door again for 6. No lathe on the road....still haven't even done the break in cycle on the new metal lathe!

glycerine

Yeah, I live like 35 minutes away from you Jeremy on Fort Belvoir just south of Oakton. I'll have to make my way over one of these days when the travel from work slows down. I have a week at home before I'm out the door again for 6. No lathe on the road....still haven't even done the break in cycle on the new metal lathe!

That stinks, I never envied that aspect of the military.

wiset1

That stinks, I never envied that aspect of the military.

Not as much the military as my current position in the military. I knew it when I applied for this unique position so it's my own doing:biggrin: Well worth it to end my time doing this job than being some Platoon Sergeant or First Sergeant getting lost in the mix. Then again...I do miss my family and free time. Skype and Facetime resolves the family, but I can't seem to find a travel lathe small enough to travel with :biggrin:

Top Bottom