I Messed This One Up

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

Remember the one on the left that I made and posted on Dec 1 ? ?

Well then I was asked by some of my WWF members if I could make a video showing how I used those four kinds of wood to show how I used my Incra miter gauge to make a 24 segment board which I did and posted for them to view . Then got off doing craft sales and other things and just got back today to gluing up those 24 segments that I cut in the video into a board and cutting the rings and gluing them together and finishing the bowl off just to get those parts out of my way . I wanted it to be identical but made the mistake of having the African mahogany and yellow heart side by side instead of spaced out between the padauk . . They are all identical woods and would had made an identical pattern had I placed the segments same as the first one

People really go for the checker design around here and that is why I said the first one on the left would be priced at $79.00 . I should have had two like that but now one is 79 and one is 59 . Oh well , stuff like that happens when getting in a hurry and not paying attention .

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

W.Y.

Thanks for the comments but to me the checkerboard pattern stands out like something that took a lot more skill and time and effort to produce while in fact neither one took any longer or more effort than the other . Perhaps I am over judging myself by seeing it the way I think others would judge it due to the fact that every time I make one with something resembling a checkerboard pattern they are the first ones to sell .

robutacion

Yeah, I also agreed that, both should be priced the exact same value.

If anything comes from this is the fact that, with this type of work, a simple and small mistake will totally change the final result, this is no doubt a great example of that, I don't believe that one took any longer to make nor varied in the steps necessary to complete it, both went through the "exact" same processes using the exact same woods, the visual difference is very significant but, that's all...!

You should be doing those things, with your eyes close buy now however, you are not immune of mistakes, that we know it was only because you had the honesty to share that with all of us, have you said nothing, no one would know and more interestingly, "they" would thing that you used different wood species/colours for each one of those pieces...!:eek::wink::biggrin:

Thanks for being honest...!:)

Cheers
George

Top Bottom