I lost my shop buddy today...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Herb,
I feel your pain as I have lost 2 in the past year myself, Louie was 16 and Bagel was 15.
At times like this, I like to think of this story my wife found...
It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog that comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are. - Anonymous -

Woodchipper

Remember the movie, All Dogs Go To Heaven? Have lost several dogs over the years. Hard to deal with, in my experience. We had a dog put down five years ago because he was having seizures every hour or so. Then, the cleaning up as he couldn't control himself. He had irreversible brain damage. Now, we have two mostly Chihuahua dogs. Spoiled? No really. You might consider adoption sometime in the future. There was the story on TV of a lady who would adopt dogs with health problems. She knew the dogs needed medical care and might not live long, but her attitude was to give the dog a loving home.
There was the story of a dog in Japan that would go to the train station to meet his owner each day. One day, the dog's owner died while at work. The story goes that each day, the dog would go to the train station and wait for his owner. The dog would stay for a time and then go home. This went on for several years until the dog died.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I also have one who is 13. Never been sick in 12 years, but since last summer has been in and out of the vet.

My thoughts are with you.

Dehn0045

So sorry for your loss Herb. Cheers to 13 good years, but it is always too soon

eharri446

My wife lost one a long time back. The dog died in her sleep. It traumatized my wife to the point that she could not sleep at night for over a month. Finally I convinced her to start looking for another dog and she was able to sleep that night.

It just goes to show how attached we get to them.

robutacion

As a dog owner and dog lover, I appreciate every minute they give me, each one is different but they all give everything for very little in return, off-course we get attached to them as they get attached to us, that bond is a marvelous thing but we humans have a natural longer life expectancy compare to dogs and most pets, I get some peace withing myself to know that when one of our pets passes away, it hurts deeply, however, I believe, there are many other animals out there that would give the world to get a "Dad" like you/us and experience the type of life we can allow them to have and your "passed" animal friend will be happy to see you do that and see your pain easing, past pets are never forgotten, nor they need to be, there is room in our hearts for all of them...!

Cheers
George

Sorry for your loss, Herb. I know the feeling. I've lost some good buddies over the years and I know that I'll lose my best buddy again. I once swore that I would never have a dog in the house, much less one that sleeps in my bed. Yet, here I am. Like you, I'll certainly miss her when she's gone, but I'm happy that she's here and I like to think that she is as well.

KBs Pensnmore

Pawprints Left By You

You no longer greet me,
As I walk through the door.
You're not there to make me smile,
To make me laugh anymore.
Life seems quiet without you,
You were far more than a pet.
You were a family member, a friend
... a loving soul I'll never forget.
It will take time to heal
For the silence to go away.
I still listen for you,
And miss you every day.
You were such a great companion,
Constant, loyal and true.
My heart will always wear,
the pawprints left by you.
Teri Harrison

Sorry for your loss. I lost my mate 18 months ago, even though we have another 4 dogs and his ashes are kept in an urn I still miss him.
They leave a massive hole in the heart, but they make your heart whole.

WoodUSew

Hi Herb

So so sorry for your loss my boy and girl here will be thinking of them.
aea44494200078804d45ef3c4db6802a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Herb G

Herb my heart goes out to you and your family. So sorry for your loss. I still feel my shop buddy around and it helps ease the pain. I hope you to will have that blessing. Jb

I still have my Black Lab, but he's too scared to go down the stairs.
He never was very good on stairs. :redface:

Thanks to one and all for responding. Both my lab & I have been caught looking for my old buddy. My wife & I were both there for his final moments on this earth. He was doped up from the pain he was in, but he still tried to get up & come with us. :frown:
I am extremely upset that he is gone, but I am relieved that he's no longer in pain.
My everlasting thanks to this community for helping my wife & I get thru this painful time in our lives.
I am very grateful for having a place like this to come to & unburden myself. It is therapeutic for me especially.
Thanks again gang.

Herb G.

Jamespz03

My condolences on your loss of your buddy. It's been a few months but I still look for my "baby" when I get home sometimes.

Top Bottom