i losr my tool post

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Today I was ready to try and turn a pen but to my surprise my tool post has gone missing no from my big lathe just from my pen lathe. Boy what a bummer, tomorrow my son in law said we will tear the shop apart and try and find it' either that or I'll buy a nothtr one

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Look carefully you may find other things you have lost over time.:)

You know you are going to find it in the last place you put it :)

dogcatcher

5/8" shaft? go to the hardware store, buy a 5/8" steel rod, should be 1018 steel easy to work with and afoot long 1/4" all thread. Cut one for the shank, drill and tap one end for a piece of 1/4 all thread. Cut one for the cross bar, drill and tap in the middle. Screw a short piece of all thread in the hole on the cross piece, then attach to the shank. The first one I used JB weld to keep it from vibrating a part, but not really necessary, the last one I used CA glue.

bitshird

I feel like a completed idiot I can't believe how or where I could have misplaced it' but this stroke really has me messed up, I'm not certain I'm responsible or it disapearing-but I do think I remember seeing it about a year ago but I should be wrong a mind is a terrible thing to loose no pun intended

Fay Prozora

I've never lost my tool rest or post but have lost my best screw driver and a few other things I needed, but after buying another I find it in the shop vac. LOL! I have lost a small honing stone and I don't have a clue where it is as I say it could be in the shop vac. So every time I empty it, I double check for any tools, drill bits or any other small items that can get sucked up in the shop vac. So you could check there. One time I was making bottle stoppers and lost half of a piece of spectra ply and months later I found it on a stack of newspaper and after moving that, I heard it hit the floor. So I put it on the lathe and turned it into a mini kaleidoscope egg. Turned out great. Good luck. Fay

kenmic

Welcome Back Ken

Great to have you back. Couldn't "get her done" without the Woodchuck Pro and Uni. Hope all goes well for you.

Bob Wemm

Hi Ken, Glad to see you are back in the shop.
Everytime I cannot find something I call SWMBO and it's located almost immediately.
Seems my eyes don't see things that I am looking for.

Bob.

Top Bottom