I like turning olivewood!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mmayo

mmayo

It may not be the best looking wood, but it turns easily and smells great. I made these pens for a niece and her husband. The kits are from PSI and Wordturningz and the thought was to make somewhat matching pens with some differences. The blanks turned as easily as anything I have turned in my brief pen-turning history. The Ca finish was not as easy. I needed to remove all Ca from the comfort after finding a speck of blue paper towel within the finish. Oh well, if it looks good at the end - that is what counts - not the effort needed. Kinda

PenDesignerComfortGoldBethlehemOlivewoodweb_zpsb24ec770.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Boz

I just turned some BOW this weekend. I love the smell while turning it. Great photography. I just finished making my photo set up using your post on the subject. I have located any black glass so I am using some white ink jet media.

mick

George Olivewood has some fantastic figure. Your pens like great. Especially the Designer. Got a suggestion next time you turn one try Black Titanium hardware. You'll be amazed how the Bl Ti really pops the Olivewood!

LagniappeRob

I've found that the BOW blanks I order directly from Israel have some of the nicest figure to them. I have a few "standard" and "exhibition" quality from a large US supplier and pulled a few at random from the directly bought box. You'd have a hard time telling the direct ones from the "exhibition" quality. The "standard" ones are my least figured.

It takes 3 weeks or so to get them in, but worth the wait. I just order ahead now.

Top Bottom