I Have a Gripe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Longfellow

Occasionally I will post blanks for sale on the Individual Classified Forum. Many times I will get a response from someone who says they want the items. They ask me to PM them my Paypal or other payment information, which I do within a few short hours at most. That is the last I hear from the people.
In the meantime I post on the listing a sale is pending. If others express interest in the item I tell them I will contact them if the first person doesn't complete the transaction.
Please, if you tell someone you would like to purchase an item and you change your mind, inform the person of it. I won't hate you if you change your mind and I will thank you for letting me know so I can again offer the item for sale.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

Please, if you tell someone you would like to purchase an item and you change your mind, inform the person of it. I won't hate you if you change your mind and I will thank you for letting me know so I can again offer the item for sale.

This is a good idea under all circumstances and just common courtesy; which isn't so common these days.

I am active in FreeCycle and always send a response to everyone who contacts me.

chriselle

Ya, that ain't cool! :mad: Especially if I'm the one who happens to be late seeing the classified of something I want......which happens enough as it is being on the other side of the planet.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
One of the reasons this happens is that sellers sometimes reply to the notification email instead of going to their PM box and replying to the PM. So the buyer never hears from the seller.

The notification email is just that, a notice that there is a new PM. That's why in capital letters at the top of the notification email it says "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL" :)

When someone replies to the notification email it comes back to my admin email account. This happens several times a day. When I have time, I point out the error. I've seen the same error from some sellers over and over again.

Mark

Sounds like a little work is needed on both sides of the fence.

I'm a vendor on several (Diesel related) sites. The notification system in place is great, but both parties have to understand how to use the forum software package. IMHO

Top Bottom